1. Who has won the Nine Dots Prize 2019?
Indian playwright and journalist Annie Zaidi was announced the winner of the 2019 Nine Dots Prize for her essay Bread, Cement, Cactus.
2. Who has been appointed as global head of equity strategy of Jefferies?
Jefferies has appointed Christopher Wood as global head of equity strategy.
3. On which day World No Tobacco Day being celebrated?
May 31 is observed as World No Tobacco Day.
4. The first Rafale combat aircraft would be inducted in which Squadron of Indian Air Force?
The first Rafale combat aircraft would be inducted into the Indian Air Force's 'Golden Arrows' 17 Squadron which was commanded by Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa during the Kargil war in 1999.
5. Name of the Godfather actor who has died recently?
Carmine Caridi, who was best known for his roles in two Godfather films, has died at the age of 85.
6. Noted artist Benu Mishra has passed away aged 80 years, he was from which state?
Assam: Noted artist Benu Mishra passes away aged 80 years. Renowned artist Benu Mishra passed away in Guwahati on Wednesday at the age of 80.
7. BJP game changer chief Amit Shah making his debut at the Centre for which Ministry?
Narendra Modi was sworn in as the prime minister for a second term on May 30, helming a 58-member ministry with BJP chief Amit Shah(Home Affairs) making his debut at the Centre and former foreign secretary S. Jaishankar emerging as a surprise pick, while party veteran Sushma Swaraj was among the outgoing ministers who found no place
8. Who has been elected by parliament as the prime minister of Papua New Guinea (PNG)?
James Marape, a former finance minister and critic of a major global gas development deal, has been elected by parliament as the prime minister of Papua New Guinea (PNG).
9. President Muhammadu Buhari has sowrn as President of which country?
Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari took the reins of leadership for another term on Wednesday, against a tense backdrop of insecurity and economic uncertainty.
10. According to FICCI survey what will be the India's GDP growth in FY20?
The country's median GDP is forecast at 7.1 per cent for FY20 and 7.2 per cent for FY 21.