1. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has formed a committee to work on modalities of revising pension under OROP? What is the full form of OROP?
On June 14, 2019, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh formed a committee to work on modalities and methodology on the implementation of the next revision of pension to over 25 lakh ex-servicemen and widows under One Rank One Pension (OROP) Scheme.
2. Which country's central bank will release new Banknotes of 10,000, 20,000 and 50,000 denominations?
The central bank of Venezuela will release new Banknotes of 10,000, 20,000 and 50,000 bolivar denominations.
3. Who has defeated India’s Sourav Kothari to win the 2019 Pacific International Billiards Championship?
Peter Gilchrist of Singapore defeated India’s Sourav Kothari (Kolkata) to win the 2019 Pacific International Billiards Championship at the Yarraville Club in Melbourne, Australia.
4. Which school's meals program has won the BBC World Service Global Champion Award?
Akshaya Patra, a non-profit organisation running one of the world's largest school meals project in India, has been awarded the BBC World Service Global Champion Award for the programme.
5. Suman Rao has crowned as Miss India 2019. She is from which state?
On June 15, 2019, A 20-year-old model, Suman Rao, a resident of Rajsamand, Rajasthan was crowned Miss India 2019.
6. Who has been appointed as India’s High Commissioner to Tuvalu?
On June 15, 2019, the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, announced the appointment of Ms. Padmaja as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Tuvalu with the residence in Suva.
7. On which day International Day of Family Remittances was observed all over the world?
On 16th June 2019, International Day of Family Remittances was observed all over the world.
8. First lady feminist activist Lee Hee-ho has passed away. She was from which country?
Lee Hee-ho, a South Korean feminist & democracy activist and wife of the late South Korean president Kim Dae-jung, passed away.
9. Fifth meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog has held in which city?
On June 15, 2019, The fifth meeting of the Governing Council of The National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog was held under the chairmanship of the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi at Rashtrapati Bhawan Cultural Centre, New Delhi.
10. Which of the following oil rich country has launch its first bonds in euros?
Saudi Arabia has hired Goldman Sachs and Societe Generale (SocGen) to help arrange meetings with fixed income investors shortly, potentially paving the way for the kingdom to launch its first bonds in euros.
11. India has beaten which country to win the FIH Series Finals hockey tournament?
India beat South Africa 5-1 in the summit clash to win the FIH Series Finals hockey tournament.
12. The Indian men's recurve team has bagged a silver medal in the Archery World Championships. This Championship has held in which country?
The Indian men's recurve team,bagged a silver medal in the Archery World Championships at Den Bosch in The Netherlands.
13. Who has received 'Save Water Hero Award’?
Social activist Makarand Tilloo, received the ‘Save Water Hero Award’ for his efforts towards water conservation.
14. Bal Sahitya Puraskar & Yuva Puraskar has given by which Akademi?
Sahitya Akademi, India's national academy of letters,announced a list of 22 winners of the Bal Sahitya Puraskar & 23 recipients of the Yuva Puraskar for 2019.
15. What is the theme of World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought 2019?
The United Nation General Assembly in 1994 declared 17 June as the "World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought". The theme for 2019 is “Let’s Grow the Future Together”.