1. International Food and Hospitality fair begins in which city?
The Union Minister for Commerce and Industry ‘Suresh Prabhu’ has inaugurated the International Food and Hospitality fair ‘AAHAR’ (34th edition) at Pragati Maidan (Hall 7-12A) in New Delhi.
2. PM Modi & Sheikh Hasina jointly unveil e-plaques for development projects. Who is Sheikh Hasina?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Sheikh Hasian (Bangladesh Prime Minister) jointly unveiled e-plaques for development projects in Bangladesh (through video conference).
3. According to new visa agreement between India & Maldives how many days Maldivian businessmen and tourists can stay in India without a visa?
The new visa agreement between India and Maldives, providing a liberal visa policy for Maldivian citizens seeking medical treatment as well as education and business opportunities in India, came into force. Under the agreement, Maldivian businessmen and tourists can stay in India for 90 days without a visa.
4. United Nations Environment Assembly 2019 was held in Nairobi. What was the main focus of this assembly?
United Nations Environment Assembly 2019 was held in Kenya’s capital Nairobi. The main focus of the assembly was to limit the plastic use.
5. PNB sanctions loans worth Rs 689 crore to 1,600 MSMEs through which portal?
Punjab National Bank (PNB) has sanctioned loans worth Rs 689 crore to over 1,600 Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). It has sanctioned it through the ‘www.psbloansin59minutes.com’ portal as part of its effort to promote such industries.
6. Sailor Upamanyu Dutta clinches bronze in Asian regatta. This Asian Sailing Championship held in....
Mumbai sailor Upamanyu Dutta bagged the bronze medal in the Laser Standard race for men in the Laser Asian Sailing Championship in Singapore.
7. The 2019 SAFF Women's Championship has scheduled to be held in Nepal, which country has withdrawn his name to participate in this championship?
The 2019 SAFF (South Asian Football Federation) Women's Championship (5th edition) was scheduled to be held from in Biratnagar. Nepal (from 12–22 March 2019). Pakistan Withdraws Participation in 2019 SAFF Women's Championship.
8. Zinedine Zidane re-appointed as coach of Spanish football club Real Madrid. Zinedine Zidane is former footballer of which country?
Former French football player ‘Zinedine Zidane’ (46-year) has been re-appointed as the coach of Spanish football club Real Madrid (highest-earning football club) till 2022.
9. Who has won 'Chameli Devi Jain Award-2018’ for an outstanding woman journalist for the year 2018?
BBC journalist ‘Priyanka Dubey’ has won the ‘Chameli Devi Jain Award-2018’ for an Outstanding Woman Journalist for the year 2018 at a function in Delhi.
10. Who has been appointed as chancellor of the Central University of Gujarat?
Former Finance Secretary Hasmukh Adhia (1981-batch Gujarat cadre officer) has been appointed as the Chancellor of Central University of Gujarat for five years term.
11. India was the world’s second largest importer of major arms in 2014-18. India has been superseded by which country from top position?
India is world’s second largest arms importer. After eight years of holding the position of the largest importer of weapons, India has been superseded by Saudi Arabia.
12. With whom Google has celebrated 30 years of World Wide Web?
On the 30th anniversary of the birth of the World Wide Web, Google is celebrating it with a doodle that is reminder of how things were like in its early years.