What is ICEGATE| Services provided by ICEGATE
ICEGATE stands for Indian Customs and Central Excise Electronic Commerce/Electronic Data Interchange (EC/EDI) Gateway. It is a portal which offers e-filing services to trade and cargo carriers and such other clients of the Customs and Central Excise Department. It also fulfils the department’s electronic and data communication requirements. As of now, around 24,000 users registered with ICEGATE are serving 6 lac importers as well as exporters.
Services provided by ICEGATE
• Electronic filing of the Bill of Entry (BOE)
• Shipping Bills and electronic messages between customs and trading partners using communication facilities i.e E-mail, Web-upload & FTP, using the communication protocols commonly used on the internet.
• Online registration for IPR
• Online document tracking status
• Online verification
• IE code status
• Other links to important websites related to customs.
• 24X7 helpdesk facility for its trading partners.
It also provide services to The National Import Database (NIDB) and Export Commodity Database (ECDB) for Directorate of valuation.