By answering MCQ Questions for Chapter 1 Resources and Development Class 10 Geography with answers students will be able to practice what they have learned in class and improve their ability to answer questions. The contextualized MCQ Questions Class 10 Geography help students assess the sum of their knowledge on the subject and provide valuable additional insight. Such Class 10 CBSE MCQ Questions allow students to instantly gauge their overall understanding of a subject.
Chapter 1 Resources and Development MCQ Questions for Class 10 Geography with answers
1. On the basis of ownership, plantations can be better considered as which of the following types of resources?
(a) Individual resource
(b) Community owned resource
(c) National resource
(d) International resource
► (a) Individual resource
2. Which are the main factors that determine creation of a resource?
(a) Nature and technology
(b) Nature and human beings
(c) Nature, human beings and technology
(d) Technology and human beings
► (c) Nature, human beings and technology
3. Organic matter which is useful to plants is usually found most abundantly in
► (d) topsoil
4. Under which of the following types of resources can solar energy be categorised?
(a) Flow resource
(b) Human-made resource
(c) Non-recyclable resource
(d) Exhaustible resource
► (a) Flow resource
5. What is the main reason behind global ecological crises such as global warming and environmental pollution ?
(a) Depletion of resources
(b) Accumulation of resources in a few hands
(c) Indiscriminate exploitation of resources
(d) Use of resources
► (c) Indiscriminate exploitation of resources
6. Which of the following is the root cause for resource depletion at global level, according to Gandhiji?
(a) Conservation of resources
(b) Use of resources
(c) Greedy and selfish individuals and exploitative nature of modern technology.
(d) Backward technology.
► (c) Greedy and selfish individuals and exploitative nature of modern technology.
7. Which of the following resource is non-recyclable?
► (a) Coal
8. The oceanic resources beyond 200 km of the Exclusive Economic Zone can be termed as which of the following types of resource ?
(a) Individual resources
(b) Community owned resources
(c) National resources
(d) International resources
► (d) International resources
9. What was the main contribution of the Brundtland Commission Report, 1987?
(a) Sustainable development as means for resource conservation
(b) Advocated resource conservation for the first time
(c) Presented Gandhian philosophy
(d) All of the above
► (a) Sustainable development as means for resource conservation
10. What percentage of India’s geographical area is under forest?
(a) 23 percent
(b) 33 percent
(c) 54 percent
(d) 80 percent
► (a) 23 percent
11. Which of the following regions in India possesses rich reserves of minerals and fossil fuels?
► (c) Plateaus
12. What is plantation of trees on a large scale to check soil erosion termed as?
(b) Plantation agriculture
(c) Terrace cultivation
(d) Shelter belts
► (a) Afforestation
13. Which of the following is the parent rock for black soil?
► (c) Basalt
14. Which one of the following is the main cause of land degradation in states like Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Orissa?
(a) Deforestation due to mining
(d) Industrial waste
► (a) Deforestation due to mining
15. In which of the following states is overgrazing responsible for land degradation?
(a) Jharkhand and Orissa
(b) Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan
(c) Punjab and Haryana
(d) Kerala and Tamil Nadu
► (b) Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan
16. Resources which are surveyed and their quantity and quality have been determined for utilisation are known as:
(a) Potential resources
(b) Developed resources
► (d) Reserves
17. Which of the following method will not help in soil conservation?
(a) Contour ploughing
(b) Strip cropping
(c) Creating shelter belts
(d) Ploughing up and down the slopes
► (d) Ploughing up and down the slopes
18. How can the resources be classified on the basis of their origin?
(a) Biotic and Abiotic
(b) Renewable and Non-renewable
(c) Individual and Community
(d) Potential and Reserves
► (a) Biotic and Abiotic
19. Which one of the following is not the community owned resource?
(a) Grazing grounds
(b) Burial grounds
(c) Village ponds
(d) Privately owned house
► (d) Privately owned house
20. Which one of the following is the main cause of land degradation in Punjab?
(a) Intensive Cultivation
► (d) Over-irrigation
21. Which cold desert is relatively isolated from the rest of country?
► (c) Ladakh
22. Resources which are found in a region but have not been utilised are called:
(a) developed resources
(c) international resources
(d) potential resources
► (d) potential resources