By answering MCQ Questions for Chapter 5 Consumer Rights Class 10 Economics with answers, you will be able to declutter your mind and remove the unnecessary details from your study, and further ensure that you are not stuck on the problem. It is very important to be aware of the facts and concepts as this will build up your self-confidence which is very valuable when checking these questions. When you prepare for Class 10 Economics MCQ Questions, you’ll be able to answer them better in the board exams.
Chapter 5 Consumer Rights MCQ Questions for Class 10 Economics with answers
1. The process in which the quality of a food substance is lowered through the addition of another substance is called:
(a) mixing two substances
(c) sub-standard quality
(d) all the above
► (b) adulteration
2. An Act which ensures citizens of India to know about the functioning of the government departments:
(a) Right to Seek Redressal Act
(b) Right to Information Act
(c) Right to Represent Act
(d) Right to Protection Act
► (b) Right to Information Act
3. The organisation which lays down standards of products at the international level is called :
► (c) ISO
4. The agencies which look into the complaints of the consumers are popularly called :
(a) consumer courts
(b) consumer commissions
(c) consumer forums
(d) consumers cells
► (a) consumer courts
5. The Act which was enacted to protect the consumers:
(a) Consumer Redressal Act
(b) Right to Information Act
(c) Consumer Protection Act
(d) Right to Represent Act
► (c) Consumer Protection Act
6. To protect themselves what do consumers need?
(a) Consumer Forums
(b) Consumer Protection Councils
(c) Consumer movement
(d) Consumer awareness
► (d) Consumer awareness
7. When was ISO certification established?
► (b) 1947
8. Factors which cause the exploitation of the consumer:
(a) Limited and wrong information
(b) Illiteracy and ignorance of the consumer
(c) Few sellers and limited competition
(d) All the above
► (d) All the above
9. National Consumers Day fall on :
(a) 31 March
(b) 23 August
(c) 24 December
(d) 25 January
► (c) 24 December
10. Which certification is maintained for standardisation of jewellery?
(d) None of these
► (c) Hallmark
11. Consumers International was created by
(d) World Bank
► (b) UN
12. MRP on a product represents :
(a) minimum retail price
(b) maximum retail price
(c) micro retail price
(d) none of the above
► (b) maximum retail price
13. Who can seek information under the RTI Act, 2005?
(a) A group of persons
(b) An individual citizen
(c) A registered company
(d) An association / society
► (b) An individual citizen
14. District level consumer courts can settle claims upto:
(a) Rs 20 lakh
(b) Rs 1 crore
(c) Rs 50 lakh
(d) Rs 80 lakh
► (a) Rs 20 lakh
15. Which of the following is covered under public services?
(a) Postal services
(b) Mobile repair services
(c) Washing machine after-sale services
(d) None of the above
► (a) Postal services
16. Marketing of goods and services which are hazardous to life and property is covered under :
(a) right to be protected
(b) right to be assured
(c) right to seek redressal
(d) right to be informed
► (a) right to be protected
17. As per Consumer Protection Act, 1986, unfair trade practices do not involve which of the following?
(a) false or misleading representations
(b) bargain price
(c) non-compliance of product safety standard
(d) offering discounts or rebates
► (d) offering discounts or rebates
18. Which one of the following is not true regarding the Right to Safety?
(a) Right to be protected against unsafe appliances.
(b) Right to protected against unsafe working conditions.
(c) Right to seek information about functioning of government departments.
(d) Right to be protected against services which are hazardous to life.
► (c) Right to seek information about functioning of government departments.
19. Which one of the following is the agency that develops standards for goods and services in India ?
(b) National Consumer Court
(c) Consumer Protection Councils
(d) Bureau of Indian Standards
► (d) Bureau of Indian Standards
20. Which right of the consumers is violated if the consumers are not allowed to get their claims settled against the manufactures in case they are cheated or exploited?
(a) Right to seek redressal
(b) Right to choose
(c) Right to be heard
(d) Right to equality
► (a) Right to seek redressal
21. Who amongst the following is protected through rules and regulations in the market place ?
(a) The shopkeepers
(b) The manufactures
(c) The consumers
(d) The suppliers
► (c) The consumers
22. Which one of the following is not a function of Consumer Protection Councils ?
(a) They guide consumers how to file cases
(b) On many occasions they represent individual consumers in the consumers court
(c) They create awareness among the people
(d) They help the consumer financially
► (d) They help the consumer financially