MCQ Questions for Class 9 Science Chapter 13 Why do we Fall Ill?
MCQ Questions for Class 9 Science Chapter 13 Why do we Fall Ill? are especially useful when you are trying to learn a lot of information in a short amount of time. These questions can also be used to evaluate your current planning process to see if there are any areas that need improvement.
These can be an effective assessment tool, as they can test a wide range of knowledge and skills. Chapter 13 Class 9 Science CBSE MCQ Questions with answers is a good way to revise the concepts before the exams.
Chapter 13 Why do we Fall Ill? Class 9 Science MCQ Questions
1. Which type of disease is ‘Hemophilia’?
(a) An acute disease
(b) A deficiency disease
(c) A chronic disease
(d) An congenital disease
▶ (d) An congenital disease
2. Health can be defined as a state of
(a) being physically healthy
(b) not being diseased
(c) being physically healthy and disease-free
(d) being well enough to function well physically, mentally and socially.
▶ (d) being well enough to function well physically, mentally and socially.
3. Which one of the following diseases is caused by protozoans?
▶ (a) Malaria
4. Which of the following statements is incorrect about a cell?
(a) Cells are the basic units of living beings.
(b) Cells cannot move from place to place.
(c) The living cell is a dynamic place.
(d) In cells that do not move, there is a repair going on.
▶ (b) Cells cannot move from place to place.
5. Which of the following defines ‘health’?
(a) Social well being
(b) Physical fitness
(c) Mental fitness
(d) All of these
▶ (d) All of these
6. Which type of diseases affect the body suddenly but last for a short time?
(a) Acute disease
(b) Chronic disease
(c) Congenital disease
(d) Genetic disorder
▶ (a) Acute disease
7. Which of the following diseases in not a congenital disease?
(b) Sickle-cell anaemia
(c) Down syndrome
▶ (d) Dengue
8. Which one of the following disease is not caused by bacteria?
▶ (d) Malaria
9. Which of the following is a mismatch?
(a) AIDS – Bacterial infection
(b) Polio – Viral infection
(c) Malaria – Protozoan infection
(d) Elephantiasis – Helminth infection
▶ (a) AIDS – Bacterial infection
10. What do you mean by ‘Congenital diseases’?
(a) These are deficiency diseases.
(b) These are present from time of birth.
(c) These are spread from man to man.
(d) These occur during lime time.
▶ (b) These are present from time of birth.
11. Which one of the following disease is not transmitted by mosquito?
(a) Brain fever
▶ (c) Typhoid
12. Which disease is prevented by immunizing with BCG?
▶ (b) Tuberculosis
13. What is ‘hare-lip’?
(a) An acquired disease
(b) An infectious disease
(c) A metabolic disease
(d) A congenital disease
▶ (d) A congenital disease
14. Which of the following statements is correct?
(a) Common cold is not contagious.
(b) The common cold virus does not have its own RNA.
(c) Common cold usually takes two months to clear up.
(d) The common cold virus can leave the body
through the mucus of infected people.
▶ (d) The common cold virus can leave the body through the mucus of infected people.
15. Which one of the following has a long term effect on the health of an individual?
(a) Common cold
(b) Chicken pox
(c) Chewing tobacco
▶ (c) Chewing tobacco
16. What will happen if the kidneys are not filtering urine?
(a) Urine will be filtered by urinary bladder.
(b) Lungs will filter the urine.
(c) Brain will not think normally.
(d) Blood gets rich in carbon dioxide.
▶ (c) Brain will not think normally
17. Which of these causes communicable disease?
(a) Metabolic disorder
(d) Hormonal imbalance
▶ (c) Pathogen
18. BCG is an effective vaccine to prevent
▶ (b) tuberculosis
19. Elephantiasis is a disease that results in
(a) long-term effect on health.
(b) short-term effect on health.
(c) no effect on health.
(d) occasional bad effects on health.
▶ (a) long-term effect on health.
20. Which disease is different among the following on the basis of mode of transmission?
▶ (d) Rabies
21. Microbes that generally enter the body through nose, are likely to affect
(d) lymph nodes
▶ (b) lungs
22. Which of the following are protozoan diseases that are transmitted by mosquito vectors?
(a) Filariasis and typhus
(b) Kala-azar and diphtheria
(c) Malaria and kala-azar
(d) Yellow fever and dengue fever
▶ (c) Malaria and kala-azar