With MCQ Questions for Class 9 Science Chapter Chapter 8 Motion, you can easily grasp concepts and learn the basics quickly and effectively. It is a great way for students to assess their understanding of the concepts taught in class. It is a great way for students to assess their understanding of the concepts taught in class.
Using Chapter 8 Class 9 Science CBSE MCQ Questions with answers is a great way to improve your marks in the exams. These questions will fulfil the needs of every students and speed up their learning process.
Chapter 8 Motion Class 9 Science MCQ Questions
1. In a long distance race, the athletes were expected to take four rounds of the track such that the line of finish was same as the line of start. Suppose the length of the track was 200 m. The what is the displacement of the athletes when they touch the finish line?
(b) 3 m
(c) 5 m
(d) 7 m
▶ (a) zero
2. The numerical ratio of displacement to distance for a moving object is
(a) always less than 1
(b) always equal to 1
(c) always more than 1
(d) equal or less than 1
▶ (d) equal or less than 1
3. A graph is plotted showing of a car as a function of time. If the graph is a straight line, it means that
(a) the car started at rest
(b) acceleration was constant
(c) acceleration was increasing
(d) velocity was constant
▶ (b) acceleration was constant
4. If the displacement of an object is proportional to square of time, then the object moves with
(a) uniform velocity
(b) uniform acceleration
(c) increasing acceleration
(d) decreasing acceleration
▶ (b) uniform acceleration
5. A body thrown vertically upwards reaches a maximum height h . It then returns to ground. The distance and the displacement travelled by the body respectively are
(a) 2h, zero
(b) h, zero
(c) zero, 2h
(d) zero, h
▶ (a) 2h , zero
6. A quantity has a value of -6 0/ m s. It may be the
(a) speed of a particle
(b) velocity of a particle
(c) position of a particle
(d) displacement of a particle
▶ (b) velocity of a particle
7. If a car is traveling north on a straight road and its brakes are applied, it will
(a) have no acceleration
(b) accelerate to the south
(c) accelerate to the north
(d) accelerate either east or west
▶ (b) accelerate to the south
8. Slope of a velocity-time graph gives
(a) the distance
(b) the displacement
(c) the acceleration
(d) the speed
▶ (c) the acceleration
9. Which of the following is an example of non-uniform acceleration?
(a) The motion of a bicycle going down the slope of a road when the rider is not pedalling and wind resistance is negligible.
(b) The motion of a ball rolling down an inclined plane.
(c) The motion of a freely falling body.
(d) The movement of a car in a crowded road.
▶ (d) The movement of a car in a crowded road.
10. In which of the following cases of motions, the distance moved and the magnitude of displacement are equal?
(a) If the car is moving on a straight road
(b) If the car is moving in Circular path
(c) The pendulum is moving to and fro
(d) The earth is revolving around the sun
▶ (a) If the car is moving on a straight road
11. If a body is moving at constant speed in a circular path, its
(a) velocity is constant and its acceleration is zero
(b) velocity and acceleration are both changing direction only
(c) velocity and acceleration are both increasing
(d) velocity is constant and acceleration is changing direction
▶ (b) velocity and acceleration are both changing direction only
12. If a particle moves with a constant speed, the distance-time graph is a
(a) straight line
(c) stair like
▶ (a) straight line
13. The area under speed-time graph represents a physical quantity whose unit is equal to the unit of
(a) light year
▶ (a) light year
14. A boy goes from A to B with a velocity of 20 m/min and comes back from B to A with a velocity of 30 m/min. The average velocity of the boy during the whole journey is
(a) 24 m/min
(b) 25 m/s
(d) 20 m/min
▶ (a) 24 m/min
15. Which of the following situations is possible?
(a) An object can have acceleration, but constant velocity.
(b) The velocity of an object may be zero but acceleration is not zero.
(c) Distance and the magnitude of displacement are equal in circular motion.
(d) Average speed and the magnitude of average velocity are always equal in circular motion.
▶ (b) The velocity of an object may be zero but acceleration is not zero.
16. If the motion is in straight line without change in direction then
(a) distance ≠ displacement
(b) distance > displacement
(c) distance 1 displacement
(d) distance = displacement
▶ (d) distance = displacement
17. The slope of the distance-time graph is:
▶ (c) Speed
18. Which is the most simple type of motion among the following?
(a) Motion in straight line
(b) Motion in plane.
(c) Motion in space
(d) Motion of projectile.
▶ (a) Motion in straight line
19. If the particle completes one rotation along a circular track having radius 14 m in 44 seconds then the value of speed it’s speed is
(a) 1 m/s
(b) 2 m/s
(c) 3 m/s
(d) 4 m/s
▶ (b) 2 m/s
20. The area of speed time graph is
▶ (d) Speed
21. Velocity of the particle is depend on
(c) Path of the object
(d) None of these
▶ (b) Displacement
22. Speed depend on
(a) Path length
(c) Initial and final position of the object
(d) None of these
▶ (a) Path length