MCQ Questions for Class 9 Science Chapter 7 Diversity in Living Organisms
MCQ Questions for Class 9 Science Chapter 7 Diversity in Living Organisms can give students an opportunity to refresh their memory and help them to remember what they have learned in the past. The questions are also helpful for the students who want to improve their time management skills.
Chapter 7 Class 9 Science CBSE MCQ Questions with answers are an excellent way for students to test their knowledge and prepare for exams. It help to provide timed assessment for the students who are preparing for their exams.
Chapter 7 Diversity in Living Organisms Class 9 Science MCQ Questions
1. Choose the correct order for levels of taxa.
(a) Phylum, class, order, kingdom, family, genus, species
(b) Species, class, order, family kingdom, phylum, genus
(c) Kingdom, family, genus, class, phylum order, species
(d) Kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species
▶ (d) Kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species
2. What is classification?
(a) Grouping organisms together on the basis of the features they have in common.
(b) Grouping organisms together of the basis of how they respire.
(c) Grouping organisms together on the basis of how they feed.
(d) Grouping organisms together on the basis of how they survive.
▶ (a) Grouping organisms together on the basis of the features they have in common
3. Which among the following produce seeds?
▶ (d) Gymnosperms
4. Which of the following statements is incorrect?
(a) Organisms with primitive body structure are lower organisms.
(b) Older organisms have simpler body structure.
(c) Younger organisms are relatively recent organisms in term of evolutionary time.
(d) Advanced organisms have more complex body structure.
▶ (a) Organisms with primitive body structure are lower organisms.
5. Which among the following is exclusively marine?
▶ (b) Echinodermata
6. In which of the following groups, chlorophyll is not present?
▶ (b) Fungi
7. In which group of animals, coelom is filled with blood?
▶ (a) Arthropoda
8. Which one is the most common character of the vertebrates?
(a) Presence of notochord
(b) Presence of triploblastic condition
(c) Presence of gill pouches
(d) Presence of coelom
▶ (a) Presence of notochord
9. Amphibians do not have the following
(a) Three-chambered heart
(b) Gills of lungs
(d) Mucus glands
▶ (c) Scales
10. Characteristic features of a plant “P” are given below, read them carefully and choose the correct option.
(i) Plant ‘P’ produces flowers
(ii) Leaves of plant ‘P’ show parallel venation.
(a) Plant ‘P’ has fibrous roots
(b) Plant ‘P’ has a woody stem
(c) Plants ‘P’ has white coloured flowers
(d) Plant ‘P’ has seeds with two cotyledons
▶ (a) Plant ‘P’ has fibrous roots
11. The kingdom that includes unicellular, eukaryotic organisms is:
▶ (b) Protista
12. Related phyla are grouped together to form
▶ (c) kingdom
13. The most primitive vascular plants are
(d) brown algae
▶ (b) ferns
14. Which of the following is not a criterion for classification of living organisms?
(a) Body design of the organism
(b) Ability to produce one’s own food
(c) Membrane bound nucleus and cell organelles
(d) Height of the plant
▶ (d) Height of the plant
15. The locomotory organs of Echinodermata are
(a) tube feet
(b) muscular feet
(c) jointed legs
▶ (a) tube feet
16. Which of the following represent the lowermost category in the taxonomic hierarchy?
▶ (b) Species
17. Bacteria and cyanobacteria are included in the kingdom
▶ (d) Monera
18. Which group of animals are called ‘flatworms’?
▶ (a) Platyhelminthes
19. Who introduced the system of scientific nomenclature of organisms?
(a) Robert Whittaker
(b) Carolus Linnaeus
(c) Robert Hooke
(d) Ernst Haeckel
▶ (b) Carolus Linnaeus
20. What is the role of biodiversity?
(a) Providing work for human beings
(b) Maintaining the balance in nature
(c) Creating different types of climate
(d) Providing a subject for scientists to investigate
▶ (b) Maintaining the balance in nature
21. What is meant by biodiversity?
(a) A large population of animals in a habitat
(b) A large population of plants in a habitat
(c) A large variety of living things
(d) An interactions between plants and animals
▶ (c) A large variety of living things
22. Corals are
(a) Poriferans attached to some solid support
(b) Cnidarians, that are solitary living
(c) Poriferans present at the sea bed
(d) Cnidarians that live in colonies
▶ (d) Cnidarians that live in colonies
23. What is the purpose of classifying organisms?
(a) Classification facilitates the identification.
(b) By studying a few-organisms, the characteristics of the whole group can be known.
(c) Classification helps to establish the relationship among various groups of organisms.
(d) All of these
▶ (d) All of these
24. Diploblastic, aquatic animals with tissue grade of organization belong to the phylum
▶ (c) Cnidaria
25. Binomial Nomenclature includes
(a) only species name
(b) both genus and species name
(c) only genus name
(d) both genus and family name
▶ (b) both genus and species name
26. What is the generic name of mango?
(a) Magnifera indica
(b) Helminthosporium oryzae
(c) Solanum tuberosum
(d) Lycopersicon esculentum
▶ (a) Magnifera indica
27. Which of the following is a main plant body of pteridophytes?
▶ (a) Sporophyte
28. Which of the following is not a chondrichthyes?
(b) Sting ray
▶ (c) Hippocampus