MCQ Questions for Class 12 Vistas English Chapter 6 Memories of Childhood help students manage their time during exams as they require quick thinking and decision-making skills. By practicing MCQ questions, students can improve their speed and accuracy, thus enhancing their overall exam preparation.
Memories of Childhood Class 12 Vistas English Textbook MCQ Questions with answers provide an objective way of marking students’ performance as the answers are either right or wrong.
Chapter 6 Memories of Childhood Class 12 Vistas English MCQ Questions
1. What does Zitkala feel towards her own culture while at the Carlisle Indian School?
(a) Pride and contentment
(b) A sense of loss and longing
(c) Indifference and detachment
(d) Disdain and rejection
▶ (b) A sense of loss and longing
2. What does the school believe will result from assimilating Native Indians into American culture?
(a) A better future for Native Indians
(b) Preservation of cultural diversity
(c) Increased isolation from society
(d) Cultural supremacy
▶ (a) A better future for Native Indians
3. What is the main focus of the Carlisle Indian School’s philosophy?
(a) Preservation of Native Indian cultures
(b) Assimilation into American culture
(c) Isolation from mainstream society
(d) Religious indoctrination
▶ (b) Assimilation into American culture
4. What does Zitkala find perplexing about the girls’ appearance?
(a) Their long hair
(b) Their modest clothing
(c) Their short haircuts
(d) Their traditional accessories
▶ (c) Their short haircuts
5. According to Zitkala, who should have their hair shaved off?
(a) Brave warriors
(c) Only cowards or mourners
(d) No one, it’s a personal choice
▶ (c) Only cowards or mourners
6. Who informs Zitkala about the consequences of her actions in the dining hall?
(a) Another Indian girl named Judewin
(b) Zitkala’s mother
(c) The pale-faced woman
(d) A school official
▶ (a) Another Indian girl named Judewin
7. Zitkala’s experience started with her being
(b) tied to a chair
(c) tied with chains to a bedpost
(d) tied to a table
▶ (b) tied to a chair
8. Why did Zitkala start crying at the dining table?
(a) she didn’t like the food
(b) she was a stranger
(c) because of eating by formula
(d) all these
▶ (c) because of eating by formula
9. What did Bama see at a well-known temple on her way home?
(a) A giant statue.
(b) A big bell.
(c) A famous priest.
(d) A historical book.
▶ b) A big bell.
10. What did Bama see on her way home that interested her?
(a) A dog playing in the park.
(b) A monkey performing tricks.
(c) A cat chasing a mouse.
(d) A parrot in a tree.
▶ (b) A monkey performing tricks.
11. On reaching home, Bama narrated the incident to her
(a) elder sister
(d) elder brother
▶ (d) elder brother
12. Why does Bama take around 30 minutes to reach home despite her school being only a ten-minute walk away?
(a) She likes to walk slowly.
(b) She enjoys observing the happenings on her street.
(c) She often stops to talk to her friends.
(d) She has a long way to go to her home.
▶ (b) She enjoys observing the happenings on her street.
13. How far is Bama’s school from her home?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
▶ (a) 10 minutes.
14. Why did Bama laugh out loud while observing an old man of her community?
(a) He told a funny joke.
(b) He slipped and fell.
(c) He was handling a snack pack in a funny way.
(d) He danced in a comical manner.
▶ (c) He was handling a snack pack in a funny way.
15. What did Bama observe on her street regarding people from different political parties?
(a) They were giving speeches.
(b) They were playing musical instruments.
(c) They were having a picnic.
(d) They were conducting a parade.
▶ (a) They were giving speeches.
16. What did Bama’s brother reveal to her after she shared the incident?
(a) A funny joke
(b) A harsh reality about their caste
(c) A secret plan
(d) A new game to play
▶ (b) A harsh reality about their caste
17. How did Bama’s perception of the upper caste individuals change after her brother’s revelation?
(a) She started to like them more.
(b) She became indifferent to them.
(c) She developed a strong anger towards them.
(d) She felt more understanding and forgiving.
▶ (c) She developed a strong anger towards them.
18. Which tree had its fruit occasionally blown down by the wind?
(a) almond tree
(b) apple tree
(c) mango tree
(d) Jamun tree
▶ (a) almond tree