MCQ Questions for Class 12 Kaleidoscope English Chapter 2 Eveline can improve your understanding of the chapter and develop strategies for effectively choosing the correct answer. It helps in building confidence and reducing test anxiety, as you become familiar with the question structure.
Eveline Class 12 Kaleidoscope English Textbook MCQ Questions with answers can help you manage your time better during exams and allows students to identify any areas of knowledge that may be lacking.
Chapter 2 Eveline Class 12 Kaleidoscope English MCQ Questions
1. Why did little Keogh call out when he saw her father coming?
(a) To invite her father to play with them
(b) To warn the other children that her father was coming
(c) To ask for her father’s help with a game
(d) To introduce her father to the other children
▶ (b) To warn the other children that her father was coming
2. Who used to play in the field with the protagonist and her siblings?
(a) Only her brothers and sisters
(b) The Devines, the Waters, and the Dunns
(c) Little Keogh and her father
(d) No one, they played alone
▶ (b) The Devines, the Waters, and the Dunns
3. What happened to the field where the children used to play?
(a) It was turned into a park.
(b) It was sold to a man from Belfast.
(c) It was left abandoned.
(d) It became a construction site.
▶ (b) It was sold to a man from Belfast.
4. Where did the Waters go?
(a) Back to England
(b) To a neighboring town
(c) To the countryside
(d) To a different avenue
▶ (a) Back to England
5. Why is Eveline considering leaving her home?
(a) She is unhappy with her job.
(b) She wants to get married.
(c) She wants to travel to a distant country.
(d) She is afraid of her father’s violence.
▶ (b) She wants to get married.
6. How does Eveline feel about her job at the Stores?
(a) She loves it and will miss it.
(b) She is indifferent to it.
(c) She dislikes it and won’t miss it.
(d) She is proud of her position there.
▶ (c) She dislikes it and won’t miss it.
7. Why does Eveline have to rush out on Saturday nights?
(a) To visit her friends.
(b) To go shopping for groceries.
(c) To attend church services.
(d) To avoid her father’s anger.
▶ (b) To go shopping for groceries.
8. What is Eveline’s relationship with her father like?
(a) He is loving and supportive.
(b) He is overprotective.
(c) He is often violent and threatening.
(d) He is absent from her life.
▶ (c) He is often violent and threatening.
9. What type of music did Frank enjoy?
▶ (a) Classical
10. Where are Eveline and Frank planning to go together?
(a) To the theatre
(b) On a holiday to Germany
(c) To the Hill of Howth
(d) To Buenos Aires
▶ (d) To Buenos Aires
11. What happened that forced Eveline to meet Frank secretly?
(a) Her father disapproved of Frank’s job.
(b) Frank moved to a different city.
(c) Frank had a falling out with her father.
(d) Frank was embarrassed to be seen with her.
▶ (c) Frank had a falling out with her father.
12. Why is Eveline about to explore another life with Frank?
(a) To start a new job
(b) To visit a distant country
(c) To become his wife and live in Buenos Aires
(d) To attend a music concert
▶ (c) To become his wife and live in Buenos Aires
13. What is Eveline’s initial impulse as she remembers her mother’s suffering?
(a) To pray for her mother’s soul.
(b) To run away and escape.
(c) To call for her father.
(d) To visit her mother’s grave.
▶ (b) To run away and escape.
14. What is the significance of the street organ playing in the distance?
(a) It reminds Eveline of her childhood.
(b) It signals the arrival of Frank.
(c) It is a symbol of Italy.
(d) It represents her mother’s illness.
▶ (a) It reminds Eveline of her childhood.
15. What is the main conflict that Eveline is facing in the story?
(a) She is torn between two lovers.
(b) She is trapped in a dark room.
(c) She is struggling to decide whether to leave her home.
(d) She is trying to remember a promise she made to her mother.
▶ (c) She is struggling to decide whether to leave her home.