MCQ Questions for Class 12 Kaleidoscope English Chapter 2 Broken Images encourages critical thinking as students have to analyze and evaluate each option before selecting the correct answer. MCQ questions help in testing a wide range of knowledge and skills, making them an effective assessment tool for teachers.
Broken Images Class 12 Kaleidoscope English Textbook MCQ Questions with answers can greatly benefit students by reducing stress levels and gaining good marks in the exams.
Chapter 2 Broken Images Class 12 Kaleidoscope English MCQ Questions
1. Who is the main character in the play?
(a) The announcer
(b) Manjula Nayak
(c) The offstage speaker
(d) The author of the novel
▶ (b) Manjula Nayak
2. What is the setting of the play at the beginning?
(a) A library
(b) A radio station
(c) A television studio
(d) A cafe
▶ (c) A television studio
3. Who introduces Manjula to the viewers of Shree-TV channel?
(a) The announcer on the screen
(b) The offstage speaker
(c) Manjula herself
(d) The readers of her novel
▶ (a) The announcer on the screen
4. What is the title of Manjula’s first novel?
(a) The Silent River
(b) The Forgotten Memories
(c) The River Has No Memories
(d) The Endless Stream
▶ (c) The River Has No Memories
5. In which language is Manjula’s novel “The River Has No Memories” written?
▶ (b) English
6. How long is Manjula allowed to speak according to the request of the offstage speaker?
(a) 5 minutes
(b) 15 minutes
(c) 20 minutes
(d) 10 minutes
▶ (d) 10 minutes
7. What are the two commonly asked questions that Manjula mentions?
(a) Her favorite book and her writing process
(b) Her reasons for choosing English and her publisher’s nationality
(c) Her age and her favorite color
(d) Her hometown and her favorite food
▶ (b) Her reasons for choosing English and her publisher’s nationality
8. What criticism did Manjula face for writing in English?
(a) Accusations of betraying her mother tongue
(b) Accusations of not being a genuine writer
(c) Praise for her courage
(d) Support from her family
▶ (a) Accusations of betraying her mother tongue
9. Why did Manjula choose to write her novel in English?
(a) Financial gain
(b) Pressure from her British publishers
(c) It was a conscious decision
(d) The story naturally came to her in English
▶ (d) The story naturally came to her in English
10. Which language is Manjula primarily known for as a writer?
▶ (b) Kannada
11. What did Manjula’s British publishers appreciate about her work?
(a) The use of British idioms
(b) The absence of an Indian touch
(c) The genuine Indian feel in her work
(d) The American influence in her writing
▶ (c) The genuine Indian feel in her work
12. What was the physical disability that Manjula’s younger sister, Malini, had?
(d) Muscular dystrophy
▶ (b) Meningomyelocele
13. Despite being childless, how did Manjula consider Malini?
(a) As her niece
(b) As her younger sister
(c) As her own child
(d) As her best friend
▶ (c) As her own child
14. How did Manjula feel about taking care of Malini?
(a) It was a burden she resented
(b) It was a difficult but rewarding experience
(c) It was an easy task
(d) It had no impact on her life
▶ (b) It was a difficult but rewarding experience
15. Who is Manjula’s husband?
(a) Pramod Murty
(b) Pranav Kumar
(c) Prakash Sharma
(d) Pavan Reddy
▶ (a) Pramod Murty
16. Where is Manjula’s house located?
(a) In a remote village
(b) In Koramangala
(c) In the city center
(d) In a foreign country
▶ (b) In Koramangala
17. What type of questions is the image asking Manjula?
(a) Personal questions
(b) Literary questions
(c) Political questions
(d) Medical questions
▶ (a) Personal questions
18. Which of the following was not asked in the images?
(a) Manjula’s husband’s name
(b) The location of Manjula’s house
(c) How Manjula and Pramod Murty met
(d) Manjula’s favorite book
▶ (d) Manjula’s favorite book