MCQ Questions for Class 12 Flamingo English Chapter 1 The Last Lesson allows students to focus on the topics that are most important or challenging ensuring a well-rounded comprehension of the chapter. Practicing MCQ questions can help improve your test-taking skills and familiarize you with the format commonly used in exams.
The Last Lesson Class 12 Flamingo English Textbook MCQ Questions with answers an boost your confidence and reduce anxiety when facing exams in the future.
Chapter 1 The Last Lesson Class 12 Flamingo English MCQ Questions
1. Who announces the Prussians’ decision to enforce the teaching of German?
(b) M. Hamel
(c) The villagers
(d) Franz’s classmates
▶ (b) M. Hamel
2. In which of the following cases could Franz say it would have been better for him to be late for class?
(a) If M. Hamel would be teaching on the blackboard.
(b) If there would be commotion in the class.
(c) If Hauser would help him to sneak in without getting noticed.
(d) If he walked in quietly when everyone would be preoccupied with participles.
▶ (b) If there would be commotion in the class.
3. What was Franz banking on to enter the class as he was late?
(a) M.Hamel’s teaching on the blackboard
(b) Commotion in the class
(c) Hauser helping him sneak in
(d) to quietly walk in when everyone was preoccupied with participles
▶ (b) Commotion in the class
4. What language was previously taught in the schools of Alsace-Lorraine?
▶ (b) French
5. How do the villagers react to the Prussian announcement?
(a) They celebrate
(b) They leave the region
(c) They remain indifferent
(d) They protest
▶ (d) They protest
6. In which region is the story set?
▶ (c) Alsace-Lorraine
7. Franz saw a huge crowd assembled in front of the bulletin board, but did not stop. How would you evaluate his reaction?
(a) Franz was too little to care about the news of lost battles.
(b) Nobody in Franz’s family was in the army, so it did not matter.
(c) Bad news had become very normal, so he went about his task.
(d) It was too crowded for Franz to find out what news was up on the board.
▶ (d) It was too crowded for Franz to find out what news was up on the board.
8. When does Franz become deeply saddened in the classroom?
(a) Upon seeing his classmates
(b) When M. Hamel enters
(c) When he hears it’s his last French lesson
(d) When he realizes he’s late for class
▶ (c) When he hears it’s his last French lesson
9. There was usually great bustle and noise when school began, but it was all very quiet. Which of the following describes Franz’ emotions most accurately?
(a) Shock and awe
(b) Disappointment and anxiety
(c) Confusion and distress
(d) Curiosity and uncertainty
▶ (a) Shock and awe
10. M. Hamel is introduced as a ruler-wielding teacher. This demonstrates that:
(a) he is concerned.
(b) he is adamant.
(c) he is unfeeling.
(d) he is a hard taskmaster.
▶ (d) he is a hard taskmaster.
11. Why is Franz ashamed of himself in the story?
(a) For not being able to memorize math lessons
(b) For not attending school regularly
(c) For not being able to memorize the participles lesson
(d) For not listening to his parents
▶ (c) For not being able to memorize the participles lesson
12. Which of the following can be attributed to M. Hamel’s declaration about the French language?
(a) Subject expertise
(b) Nostalgic pride
(c) Factual accuracy
(d) Patriotic magnification
▶ (d) Patriotic magnification
13. Why did Hamel blame himself?
(a) not having taught them enough French
(b) not being strict
(c) giving students a holiday at times
(d) not being responsible
▶ (c) giving students a holiday at times
14. What advice does M. Hamel give to his students about their language?
(a) They should always love their language
(b) They should learn German instead
(c) They should start speaking French
(d) They should speak it only at home
▶ (a) They should always love their language
15. What do Franz and his classmates realize by the end of the story?
(a) The importance of math and science
(b) The significance of learning a foreign language
(c) The beauty of the German language
(d) The importance of learning their mother tongue
▶ (d) The importance of learning their mother tongue
16. Why do Franz and his classmates feel defeated by the Germans?
(a) Because they lost a sports competition
(b) Because they didn’t join the army
(c) Because they couldn’t memorize French words
(d) Because of their illiteracy
▶ (d) Because of their illiteracy
17. Why did Franz’s parents put him to work on a farm or at the mills?
(a) To have a little more money
(b) To have most clothes
(c) To have him some lessons
(d) None of these
▶ (a) To have a little more money
18. What did M. Hamel take then he turned to the blackboard?
(a) A piece of a paper
(b) A piece of chalk
(c) A piece of colour
(d) None of these
▶ (b) A piece of chalk