30th December 2018 Current Affairs Quiz
1. Which state has been affected by cyclone ‘Gaja’?
1. Andhra Pradesh
2. Tamil Nadu
2. The Indian Railways has decided to grant 40% concession in passenger fares to transgender senior citizens of which age group?
1. 40 years or above
2. 50 years or above
3. 55 years or above
4. 60 years or above
3. Who has been elected as new PM of Bangladesh?
1. Sheikh Hasina
2. Muhammad Habibur
3. Abdul Hamid
4. Khaleda Zia
4. Who has been named as the International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s Cricketer of the Year?
1. Mithali Raj
2. Jhulan Goswami
3. Smriti Mandhana
4. Purnima Rau
5. Which Municipal Corporation was awarded Best Capital City in the Solid Waste Management in the Swachh Survekshan 2018 rankings?
6. Norman Gimbel passed away recently, he was winner of ________.
1. Oscar Award
2. Grammy Award
3. Nobel Prize
4. (1) and (2)
7. Recently Mrinal Sen passed away he was a famous………….
3. Social Activist
8. “Early Indians: The Story of Our Ancestors and Where We Came From” has been written by which writer?
1. Vikram Seth.
2. Tony Joseph
3. Philip Larkin
4. John Aubrey
9. Delhi Metro’s Lajpat Nagar-Mayur Vihar Pocket 1 corridor opens today with the opening of this section; the Delhi Metro network has service of how many kilometers?
1. Railway ministry announced which of the plan that aim is to avoid the death of animals particularly elephants on railway tracks?
Railway ministry announced that the ‘Honey Bee’ plan will be expanded to other areas of the country.
2. According to RBI, in the fiscal ended March 2018, banks recovered how many crore rupees?
According to RBI, in the fiscal ended March 2018, banks recovered ₹40,400 crore worth of bad loans as against ₹38,500 crore recovered in FY17.
3. ESAF Small Finance Bank Ltd has received the RBI’s approval for inclusion in the second schedule of the RBI Act, 1934. Where is the headquarters of this bank?
ESAF Small Finance Bank Ltd has received the RBI’s approval for inclusion in the second schedule of the RBI Act, 1934. The headquarters of the bank is in Thrissur, Kerala.
5. The government has decided to pump how many crore rupees into seven public sector banks (PSBs) through recapitalization bonds soon?
According to The United Bank of India, the Union government has decided to infuse Rs 2,159 crore in the bank. The government has decided to pump Rs 28,615 crore into seven public sector banks (PSBs) through recapitalization bonds soon.
6. International Cricket Council (ICC) announced women’s ODI and T20I teams of the year 2018. Who has been appointed captain for both formats respectively?
International Cricket Council (ICC) announced women’s ODI and T20I teams of the year 2018. New Zealand’s Suzie Bates was named as captain of the 50-over side and Harmanpreet Kaur of India appointed captain of the T20 team.
6. Saurabh Chaudhary related with which game?
Indian Shooter Saurabh Chaudhary has won the 10m air pistol trials at the Dr Karni Singh Shooting Range by winning the second National trial competitions in both the men's and junior boy's categories.
7. Who has been honoured with National Nritya Shiromani award?
US-based Kathak exponent Anindita Neogy Anaam will be honoured with the ‘National Nritya Shiromani’ award for 2019 on 2 January 2019.
8. Who is Chief Information Commissioner of india?
The government of India appointed Sudhir Bhargava as Chief Information Commissioner in the Central Information Commission (CIC).
9. Who has been taken incharge of the command of the Indian Army’s Gajraj Corps?
Lt Gen Manoj Pande took the command of the Indian Army’s Gajraj Corps on 30 December 2018.
10. Telangana government organised the largest men’s Health Awareness programme on ………………………
Telangana government’s MNJ Institute of Oncology and Regional Cancer Centre entered the Guinness Book of World Records. It organised the largest men’s Health Awareness programme on prostate cancer on a single day.
11. Ujjwala Sanitary Napkins launched in which state?
‘Ujjwala Sanitary Napkin’ launched in Odisha
12. Which state government has decided to form a new Spiritual Department?
Madhya Pradesh government decided to form a new Spiritual Department.