1. PM Modi launched ‘Gangajal Project’ to provide better and assured water supply in Agra
2. Opposition leader Felix Tshisekedi wins the presidential election in Congo
3. RBI allows ‘tokenisation’ services
• Aim – To ensure the safety of digital transactions and reduce the chances of fraud.
4. India allows Iran’s Bank Pasargad to open a branch in Mumbai
5. Mohamed Salah named African footballer of the year
• Houston Dash and South Africa forward Thembi Kgatlana was named Women’s Player of the Year.
6. Hockey India removed Harendra Singh as coach of India Men’s Team
• Until new coach David John will oversee the team.
7. Mary Kom attained number one position in AIBA
8. World Hindi day being celebrated across the world on 10th January 2019
• It is fourth most spoken language of the world.
9. India’s longest single lane steel cable suspension bridge opens in Arunachal
• Also known as ‘byorung bridge’
• It Reduces distance between Yingkiong and Tuting by Almost 40 km
10. Airboat service has been launched from Varanasi to Prayagraj
11. ‘We are Displaced’ By Malala Yousafzai released in India