India’s former athlete PT Usha honoured with Veteran Pin by IAAF in 52nd IAAF Congress in Doha, Qatar
- On September 25, 2019, Indian track and field former athlete PT Usha was presented with Veteran Pin by the world athletics governing body, the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF), in recognition of her contribution to the growth of sport.
- The award was given by IAAF chief Sebastian Coe at the 52nd IAAF Congress held in Doha, Qatar.
Coach Kim Ji Hyun of South Korea, who guided world championship gold medalist PV Sindhu, resigns
- India’s women’s singles badminton coach, Kim Ji Hyun (45) of South Korea, who guided World Championship gold medalist PV Sindhu, has resigned from the post for personal reasons.
- She had to move to New Zealand with her husband Richie Mer, who had suffered a ‘neuro stroke’ a few days earlier.
BAI – Badminton Association of India
Headquarters: New Delhi
President: Himanta Biswa Sarma
Snooker player Laxman Rawat wins IBSF World 6Reds championships 2019 title in Mandalay, Myanmar
Indian chess player Koneru Hampi wins the Skolkova Fides Grand Prix title 2019 in Skolkovo, Russia
Lionel Messi wins best FIFA player of the year for record sixth time
Rohit Sharma created history, surpassing Virat Kohli and created world record
- Team India’s vice-captain and right-handed most dangerous opener Rohit Sharma has taken a world record of T20 International cricket on South Africa in the 3rd T20I in Bengaluru on Sunday.
- Rohit Sharma has become the first player in the world to score the most runs in T20 International cricket. In this case, he has left behind Virat Kohli.
- Kohli has 2,441 runs in T20I cricket, while Sharma has 2,434 runs.