A 16-year-old Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg wins 2019 Right Livelihood Award
UK mathematician Adam Harper wins the 2019 SASTRA Ramanujan prize
Amitabh Bachchan unanimously selected for Dadasaheb Phalke award 2019
- On September 24, 2019 the Union minister of information and broadcasting Shri Prakash Javadekar announced that Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan was selected for the 2019 Dadasaheb Phalke award which is the highest award in Indian cinema.
- It is conferred to a person for his/her lifetime achievement in cinema.
About Dadasaheb Phalke award
First awarded year- 1969.
First winner- Devika Rani.
Bollywood playback singer Sonu Nigam wins ‘Magnificent performing arts award 2019’ at 21st century icon award ceremony held in UK
- Popular Bollywood playback singer Sonu Nigam has been honoured with the Magnificent Performing Arts Award at the annual 21st Century Icon Awards in London.
- Nigam was among a host of winners across a range of categories at a gala awards ceremony last week, devised as a celebration of dynamic entrepreneurs and successful individuals chosen from hundreds of nominations from around the world.
NDTV’s Ravish Kumar awarded 1st Gauri Lankesh Memorial Award 2019 in Bengaluru, Karnataka
'21st Century Icon Awards': Sonu Nigam honored with Magnificent Performing Arts Award
- Bollywood famous singer Sonu Nigam has been awarded the UK’s annual 21st Century Icon Award in London.
- Sonu Nigam was also among the winners of several categories in hundreds of nominations selected from around the world at the award ceremony.
- This year around 700 nominations were received for the award, of which 44 were selected for the final round.
Sardar Patel National Integration Award for contribution to national security
Raghu Rai became the first winner of the International Photography Award
- Indian photographer Raghu Rai has been chosen as the first winner of the Academy Award Boo-Arts Photography Award – William Klein. The award commenced from this year in honor of William Klein, a US-born French photographer and filmmaker.
- The award is in honour of the photographer and filmmaker William Klein, best known for his unusual photography techniques.
- The prize is intended to reward a photographer for their entire career.