31st August 2018 Current Affairs
Share this news :Share this news :
Balesh Sharma takes over as Vodafone Idea's first CEO
IPPB is getting launched on September 1,2018
- The India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) is getting launched on September 1, 2018.
- The post office’s IPPB will provide customers savings and current accounts, along with services including bills and utility payments, remittance and money transfer, direct benefit transfers and enterprise and merchant payments.
GeM will be launched on 5th September 2018.
The Mumbai Airport will be known as the Chhatrapati Shivaji ‘Maharaj’ International Airport.
The Union Cabinet has approved a Memorandum of Understanding
- The Union Cabinet has approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) and the Federal Insurance Office, USA.
- The MoU includes an exchange of information and research assistance with respect to each Authority’s overview and other lawful responsibilities.
India and Asian Development Bank have signed 346 Million dollar loan agreement
- India and Asian Development Bank have signed 346 Million dollar loan agreement to improve over 400 kilometers of State highways in Karnataka.
- The loan agreement for the Karnataka State Highways Improvement Project was inked between Joint Secretary in the Finance Ministry Sameer Kumar Khare and Country Director of ADB’s India Resident Mission Kenichi Yokoyama.