30th August 2018 Current Affairs
Share this news :
Cabinet approved implementation of an umbrella scheme
- Cabinet approved implementation of an umbrella scheme-Ocean Services, Technology, Observations, Resources Modelling and Science (O-SMART).
- The scheme covers a total of 16 sub-projects, which address ocean development activities such as services, technology, resources, and science.
The Union Cabinet approved DA to Central Government employees
- The Union Cabinet approved the additional Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees and and Dearness Relief (DR) to pensioners.
- The DA and DR will increase by 2% over the existing rate of 7% of the Basic Pay/Pension w.e.f 01.07.2018
GDP growth for 2018-19 is expected to increase at 7.4% against 6.7%
- RBI on the release of its annual report said that real GDP growth for 2018-19 is expected to increase at 7.4% against 6.7% in the previous year.
- RBI also said that its monetary policy will work to achieve the medium-term target for retail inflation of 4 %.
Swapna Barman created history in Asian Games
- Swapna Barman created history by becoming the first Indian heptathlete to win an Asian Games gold medal.
- The 21-year-old Barman logged 6026 points from the seven events competed for two days in women’s heptathlon.
Arpinder Singh won Gold medal in Asian games
- Arpinder Singh clinched India’s first men’s triple jump gold in 48 years, with a jump of 16.77m in the Asian Games.
- India’s last Asian Games gold medal in men’s triple jump had come in 1970 from Mohinder Singh Gill.
ISRO will outsource the production of the PSLVs and SSLVs to private Industries.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will outsource the production of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicles (PSLVs) and Small Satellite Launch Vehicles (SSLVs) to private Industries.
- The Indian Space agency Chairman K Sivan informed that private industries will play a major role in capacity building.
INS Teg will provided assistance to MV Vela
- INS Teg, a warship of the Western Naval Command, provided assistance to MV Vela, a Norwegian owned ship in Gulf of Aden.
- INS Teg dispatched a specialist team for recovery damaged anchor and cable and assisted the crew of MV Vela.
Shri R K Singh released a book on “Weather Information Portal for Indian Power System”.
- Shri R K Singh released a book on “Weather Information Portal for Indian Power System”.
- This reference document has been developed by Power System Operation Corporation Limited (POSOCO) in collaboration with IMD to facilitate enhanced utilization of Weather Portal in all spheres of Power Sector.
HRD Minister launched Smart India Hackathon
- Union HRD Minister launched the third edition of World’s Biggest Open Innovation Model ‘Smart India Hackathon’ 2019 in New Delhi.
- SIH-2019 is an initiative that provides students with a platform to solve some of the pressing problems we face in our daily lives.
The government of India and ADB signed a $375 million loan agreement
- The government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $375 million loan agreement to expand irrigation networks and system efficiency of Madhya Pradesh.
- The project will develop 125,000 hectares of new, highly efficient and climate resilient irrigation networks.
Share this news :
The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of MoU between India and Bulgaria
- The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of Memorandum of Understanding between India and Bulgaria for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism.
- The main objectives of the MoU are to expand cooperation in the tourism, exchange information and data related to tourism etc.
- 29th अगस्त 2018 करंट अफेयर्स
- 30th अगस्त 2018 करंट अफेयर्स
You May Also Like