24th August 2018 Current Affairs
Share this news :
Treasurer Scott Morrison has been elected the new Prime Minister of Australia
- Treasurer Scott Morrison has been elected the new Prime Minister of Australia after winning an internal vote of 45-40 against former Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton.
- Morrison will take over the charge as PM from Malcolm Turnbull.
The World Bank launched ‘bond-i',
- The World Bank launched ‘bond-i’, the world’s first bond to be created, allocated, transferred and managed by using distributed ledger technology.
- This two-year bond successfully raised 110 million Australian dollars (USD 80.48 million).
Indian economy is expected to grow by about 7.5% in 2018 and 2019.
- According to the Moody’s Investors Service’s report, the Indian economy is expected to grow by about 7.5% in 2018 and 2019.
- The title of the report is ‘Global Macro Outlook‘ for 2018-19.
RIL became the first Indian company to cross ₹ 8 lakh crore market capitalization
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) became the first Indian company to cross ₹ 8 lakh crore market capitalization on 23 August, 2018.
- The market valuation of Reliance Industries crossed the $100-billion mark in July 2018.
Jhulan Goswami has announced her retirement
- Jhulan Goswami has announced her retirement from Twenty20 Internationals (T20I).
- In her T20I career she took 56 wickets from 68 matches at an average of 21.94.
Rohan Bopanna and Divij Sharan won the gold medal in the men’s doubles tennis
- India’s Rohan Bopanna and Divij Sharan won the gold medal in the men’s doubles tennis event at the ongoing 18th Asian Games 2018.
- India’s Rohan Bopanna and Divij Sharan defeated Kazakhstan’s Aleksandr and Denis to win the gold medal.
The Indian rowing team won the gold medal
- The Indian rowing team won the gold medal in the Men’s Quadruple Sculls at the ongoing Asian Games in Indonesia.
- The Indian rowing team comprised of Sawarn Singh, Dattu Bhokanal, Om Prakash and Sukhmeet Singh.
The Indian Railways tests semi-high speed “Train 18”
- The Indian Railways will start the testing of the indigenously built semi-high speed “Train 18” from September 2018.
- Train 18 will be the first engine-less train of Indian Railways meant for inter-city travel.
NASA will be launching a laser satellite
- NASA will be launching a laser satellite that will measure changes in the heights of Earth’s polar ice to understand what is causing ice sheets to melt fast.
- The name of the satellite is ‘Ice, Cloud and Land Elevation Satellite-2 (ICESat-2)‘.
The Odisha government approved a proposal for setting up a Legislative Council
- The Odisha government approved a proposal for setting up a Legislative Council (LC) in the state.
- The proposed Legislative Council will have 49 members.
Share this news :
The National Green Tribunal has formed a three-member committee
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has formed a three-member committee to decide Vedanta’s plea challenging closure of its Sterlite copper plant at Tuticorin.
- The committee will be headed by former Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice S J Vazifdar.
- 23rd अगस्त 2018 करंट अफेयर्स
- 24th अगस्त 2018 करंट अफेयर्स
You May Also Like