26th September 2019 Current AffairsShare this news :
Pooja Desai from Gujarat crowned as Mrs India 2019
- On September 25, 2019, Pooja Desai from Vadodara, Gujarat has been crowned as Mrs India – Pride of the Nation 2019 (a beauty pageant for married women that celebrates and admires the accomplishments and achievements of a wife, daughter and a mother) in grand finale at The Leela Ambience Gurgaon, Haryana.
- She is the first from Gujarat to win this title.
India’s former athlete PT Usha honoured with Veteran Pin by IAAF in 52nd IAAF Congress in Doha, Qatar
- On September 25, 2019, Indian track and field former athlete PT Usha was presented with Veteran Pin by the world athletics governing body, the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF), in recognition of her contribution to the growth of sport.
- The award was given by IAAF chief Sebastian Coe at the 52nd IAAF Congress held in Doha, Qatar.
A 16-year-old Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg wins 2019 Right Livelihood Award
UK mathematician Adam Harper wins the 2019 SASTRA Ramanujan prize
Amitabh Bachchan unanimously selected for Dadasaheb Phalke award 2019
- On September 24, 2019 the Union minister of information and broadcasting Shri Prakash Javadekar announced that Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan was selected for the 2019 Dadasaheb Phalke award which is the highest award in Indian cinema.
- It is conferred to a person for his/her lifetime achievement in cinema.
About Dadasaheb Phalke award
First awarded year- 1969.
First winner- Devika Rani.
PV Sindhu named as brand ambassador of Visa for 2 years
- Payment technology company Visa announced that it has signed up world badminton champion Pusarla Venkata Sindhu (PV Sindhu) as its brand ambassador for two years.
- Besides promoting the brand through advertising campaigns, Sindhu has also become an athlete member of Team Visa for the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.
World Pharmacists day observed on September 25, 2019
- On September 25, 2019, World Pharmacists Day was observed all over the world.
- The aim of this day is to promote and spread awareness about the pharmacist’s (health professionals who practice in pharmacy) key role in improving health in every part of the world.
- The theme for the year 2019 is “Safe and effective medicines for all”.