25th September 2019 Current Affairs
RBI bans PMC Bank; account holders will not be able to withdraw more than 1000 in a day
- On September 23, 2019, The country’s central bank, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has prohibited Punjab and Maharashtra Co-operative Bank Limited (PMC) on business transactions of any kind for the next 6 months following detection of alleged irregularities.
- The RBI has taken this action under section 35A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
About PMC Bank:
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman :S.Waryam Singh
Infosys is world's third Best Regarded Company
- On September 24, 2019 nearly 17 Indian companies were listed in the Forbes World’s best ‘regarded’ companies list 2019.
- The company which topped among other Indian firms is Infosys which ranked third in the overall list.
- The first and second place was held by global payments Technology Company Visa and Italian car-maker Ferrari respectively.
Coach Kim Ji Hyun of South Korea, who guided world championship gold medalist PV Sindhu, resigns
- India’s women’s singles badminton coach, Kim Ji Hyun (45) of South Korea, who guided World Championship gold medalist PV Sindhu, has resigned from the post for personal reasons.
- She had to move to New Zealand with her husband Richie Mer, who had suffered a ‘neuro stroke’ a few days earlier.
BAI – Badminton Association of India
Headquarters: New Delhi
President: Himanta Biswa Sarma
Snooker player Laxman Rawat wins IBSF World 6Reds championships 2019 title in Mandalay, Myanmar
Indian chess player Koneru Hampi wins the Skolkova Fides Grand Prix title 2019 in Skolkovo, Russia
Godavarthi Venkata Srinivas will be the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Guinea Bissau
- On September 23, 2019, According to the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India (GoI), Shri Godavarthi Venkata Srinivas, a 1993 batch IFS ( Indian Foreign Service) officer has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Guinea Bissau, with residence in Dakar.
- He will succeeds Partha Satpathy.
Indo-US first tri-services exercise code “Exercise Tiger Triumph” for the year 2019 at Visakhapatnam and Kakinada in November
- In November 2019, India and the United States(US) are set to host the first ever tri-services exercise codenamed “ExerciseTiger Triumph” at Visakhapatnam and Kakinada, both of state Andhra Pradesh.
- The plan for this exercise was discussed during the Final Planning Conference (FPC) for India-US Tri-Services Humanitarian Aid and Disaster Relief (HADR) which was held from September 16-20 in the Eastern Naval Command.
Assam launched Abhinandan Scheme for education loan subsidy
New book titled “India in the Persianate Age: 1000-1765” by professor and author Richard M Eaton released
- On September 24, 2019 a new book named “India in the Persianate Age: 1000-1765” by United States (US) based professor and author, Richard M Eaton was released.
- This book mainly focuses on the rise of Persian culture and also about the civilisations, architecture, upheavals, and the art of the Indian subcontinent between 11th and 18th centuries.