24th September 2019 Current Affairs
Share this news :Share this news :
NRIs can now apply for Aadhaar on arrival without 182-day wait
Home Minister Amit Shah announced first ever “digital census” in 2021
- On September 23, 2019 during the foundation stone laying ceremony for construction of new building of Registrar General of India, which conducts the census exercise, Union Minister of Home Affairs(MHA) Shri Amit Shah, announced to conduct first ever “digital census” in 2021.
- He also suggested a single multipurpose identity card i.e., one card facility for all utilities in the future.
Lionel Messi wins best FIFA player of the year for record sixth time
Bollywood playback singer Sonu Nigam wins ‘Magnificent performing arts award 2019’ at 21st century icon award ceremony held in UK
- Popular Bollywood playback singer Sonu Nigam has been honoured with the Magnificent Performing Arts Award at the annual 21st Century Icon Awards in London.
- Nigam was among a host of winners across a range of categories at a gala awards ceremony last week, devised as a celebration of dynamic entrepreneurs and successful individuals chosen from hundreds of nominations from around the world.
NDTV’s Ravish Kumar awarded 1st Gauri Lankesh Memorial Award 2019 in Bengaluru, Karnataka
International Day of Sign Languages (IDSL) observed on September 23, 2019
1st Edition of Ayushman Bharat Diwas for 2019 observed on September 23
Former Indian test cricketer Madhav Apte passed away at the age of 86 in Mumbai
- On September 23, 2019, former Indian test cricketer and opener MadhavApte passed away at the age of 86 in a hospital in Mumbai due to cardiac arrest.
- Born in Mumbai, Maharashtra as MadhavraoLaxmanraoApte in 1932, he had played 67 first class matches inclusive of 46 Ranji trophy matches for Mumbai and three for Bengalscoring 3336 runs with 6 centuries and 16 half centuries.