24th September 2019 Current Affairs
Share this news :
Share this news :
Govt launches ‘UMMID’ initiative for new-born babies
- Science and Technology and Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan launched ‘UMMID’ initiative to tackle inherited genetic diseases of new-born babies.
- He also inaugurated NIDAN Kendras.
NRIs can now apply for Aadhaar on arrival without 182-day wait
- NRIs with Indian passport can now apply for biometric ID on arrival without the 182-day waiting period.
- In case NRI’s passport does not have Indian address, he shall be allowed to submit any of the other UIDAI-approved documents as proof of address.
Home Minister Amit Shah announced first ever “digital census” in 2021
- On September 23, 2019 during the foundation stone laying ceremony for construction of new building of Registrar General of India, which conducts the census exercise, Union Minister of Home Affairs(MHA) Shri Amit Shah, announced to conduct first ever “digital census” in 2021.
- He also suggested a single multipurpose identity card i.e., one card facility for all utilities in the future.
SBI to link floating rate retail & MSME loans to repo rate
- SBI decided to link all the floating rate retail loans and loans to MSME to the RBI’s repo rate, with effect from October 1.
- According to this, every time when there is a change in repo rate, interest rates will change automatically.
Lionel Messi wins best FIFA player of the year for record sixth time
- Argentinian- Lionel Messi beat Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk and five-time winner Cristiano Ronaldo to win the best FIFA player of the year award for a record sixth time.
- S. co-captain Megan Rapinoe won the women’s top award-Golden Boot.
India won 5 medals at the World Wrestling Championship 2019
- India won 5 medals that included 1 silver and 4 bronze medals in the World Wrestling Championships 2019.
- India’s Rahul Aware won medal by winning bronze in the 61kg event while Dipak Punia settle for silver.
Bollywood playback singer Sonu Nigam wins ‘Magnificent performing arts award 2019’ at 21st century icon award ceremony held in UK
- Popular Bollywood playback singer Sonu Nigam has been honoured with the Magnificent Performing Arts Award at the annual 21st Century Icon Awards in London.
- Nigam was among a host of winners across a range of categories at a gala awards ceremony last week, devised as a celebration of dynamic entrepreneurs and successful individuals chosen from hundreds of nominations from around the world.
NDTV’s Ravish Kumar awarded 1st Gauri Lankesh Memorial Award 2019 in Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Senior journalist and Ramon Magsaysay awardee Ravish Kumar received the first Gauri Lankesh Memorial Award in Bengaluru.
- He was chosen for the award for sharp news analysis and uncompromising secular stance by the Gauri Lankesh Memorial Trust, founded in memory of the journalist.
Nilesh Shah has been appointed as the AMFI Chairman
- Nilesh Shah, MD of Kotak Mahindra Asset Management, has been appointed as the Chairman of the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI).
- He will be succeeding Nimesh Shah, MD and CEO of ICICI Prudential AMC.
International Day of Sign Languages (IDSL) observed on September 23, 2019
- On September 23, 2019, The second International Day of Sign Languages (IDSL) was observed throughout the world to raise awareness of the importance of sign language in the full realization of the human rights of people who are deaf.
- The theme of this day for 2019 is “Sign Language Rights for All”.
1st Edition of Ayushman Bharat Diwas for 2019 observed on September 23
- The 1st edition of Ayushman Bharat Diwas was observed on September 23, 2019.
- It was on this day a year ago Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi from Ranchi, Jharkhand.
Former Indian test cricketer Madhav Apte passed away at the age of 86 in Mumbai
- On September 23, 2019, former Indian test cricketer and opener MadhavApte passed away at the age of 86 in a hospital in Mumbai due to cardiac arrest.
- Born in Mumbai, Maharashtra as MadhavraoLaxmanraoApte in 1932, he had played 67 first class matches inclusive of 46 Ranji trophy matches for Mumbai and three for Bengalscoring 3336 runs with 6 centuries and 16 half centuries.
Centre introduced a new scheme named ‘Assistance for Deep Sea Fishing’ for the fishermen in Tamil Nadu
- Union Minister for Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries Giriraj Singh notified that a new scheme named ‘Assistance for Deep Sea Fishing’ was introduced for fishermen in Tamil Nadu with an objective to make a ‘Blue Revolution’.
- Rs 300 crore was released for this scheme by the union government.
- 23rd September 2019 Current Affairs
- 24 सितम्बर 2019 करंट अफेयर्स
You May Also Like