23rd September 2019 Current AffairsShare this news :
Multipurpose ID Card: Amit Shah said passport, Aadhaar and voter ID should be all in one card
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah has spoken of a multipurpose ID card.
- According to the idea given by the Union Home Minister, they want that different cards like Aadhaar, Passport, Driving License, Voter Card are all included in one card. Not only this, they have given the idea that bank account should also be linked with this card.
- Amit Shah has given the idea to integrate all these into one card.
NO Plastic: Plastic is not only a threat to the environment, but also to human life
- The Government of India has called upon the countrymen to stop using single-use plastic.
- Researchers at the State University of America tested 250 bottles of 11 brands sold in China, the US, Brazil, Indonesia, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico and Thailand, in addition to India.
- According to that 2018 study, plastic residues were found in 90 percent of bottled water samples. On an average 325 plastic particles were found in one liter of water from all brands.
Anushka Sharma named in Fortune India's most powerful women list, the only actress won the title
- Anushka Sharma’s name has been included in the list of top-50 most powerful women released by Fortune India.
- Anushka is the only actress to make a place in this list and she is also the youngest.
- Anushka Sharma is ranked 39th in this list and the first place is named Jiya Modi, who is known as the undisputed leader in corporate law in India.
'21st Century Icon Awards': Sonu Nigam honored with Magnificent Performing Arts Award
- Bollywood famous singer Sonu Nigam has been awarded the UK’s annual 21st Century Icon Award in London.
- Sonu Nigam was also among the winners of several categories in hundreds of nominations selected from around the world at the award ceremony.
- This year around 700 nominations were received for the award, of which 44 were selected for the final round.
Bihar's first all-women employee Post Office inaugurated
- Union minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on Saturday inaugurated Bihar’s first all-women employee post office on the campus of Bihar Public Services Commission (BPSC).
- Besides this, Prasad also inaugurated Bihar’s first but country’s 10th Aadhar Kendra at a hotel at which 16 counters have been set up for Aadhar updation works to the public.
International Sign Language Day: A day for those who cannot hear or speak their names
Delhi's CM Arvind Kejriwal's 'Dengue Champions' campaign
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has launched another campaign (Dengue Campaign).
- He has appealed to increase public participation by extending the “10 Week-10 AM-10 Day Campaign” as Dengue Champions.
- He had urged the Delhi residents to give 10 minutes every Sunday to check the surroundings to prevent the breeding of dengue-carrier mosquitoes.
Max Bupa and Indian Bank ink bancassurance
- Ashish Mehrotra, MD & CEO, of Max Bupa partner with Indian Bank and are committed to help over 40 million customers of the bank lead healthier, more successful lives.
- Under the agreement, Max Bupa will provide comprehensive health insurance solutions and services to over 40 million customers of Indian Bank spread across 2800 branch network, through a slew of digital touch points.
Bharti Airtel & Bharti AXA Life Insurance tie up to offer pre-paid plan with insurance protection cover
- On September 23, 2019, an Indian global telecommunications services company, Bharti Airtel has tied up with Bharti AXA Life Insurance.
- The partnership is expected to further increase insurance penetration in India, given Airtel’s pan-India robust customer base.
- It leverages digital platforms and Airtel’s distribution reach, allowing people to get twin benefits of prepaid plan and life insurance cover.
RBI approves reappointment of Shyam Srinivasan as Federal Bank CEO
- The apex bank of the country, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approved the reappointment of Shyam Srinivasan, aged 57, as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Federal Bank for another year with effect from September 23, 2019 until September 22, 2020.
- With this, he will serve the bank as the head for a decade (September 23, 2010-September 22, 2020).