21st September 2019 Current Affairs
Share this news :Share this news :
World Wrestling Championships 2019: Bajrang Punia, Ravi Kumar seal bronze medals
India slips to 104th spot in latest FIFA ranking
Samuel Joseph Jebaraj appointed as DMD of IDBI Bank for 3 years
- The Board of Directors (BoD) of Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI Bank) approved the appointment of Samuel Joseph Jebaraj as Deputy Managing Director (DMD) for a period of 3 years with effect from September 19, 2019 succeeding KP Nair.
- This is the first major appointment on the Bank’s Board after Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) acquired a majority stake of 51% (January 2019) in the bank.
Founded: 1 July 1964
Alison Rose to become first female RBS chief executive
74-year-old museum specimen-species of giant salamander becomes the world’s largest amphibian
- On September 19, 2019, researchers from the Zoological Society of London (ZSL) and London’s Natural History Museum have discovered a discovered a new species of giant Chinese salamander which is now considered to be the world’s largest amphibian.
- The study of this species is mentioned in the journal “Ecology and Evolution” and its scientific name is Andriassligoi.
Indian Army conducted ‘Chang Thang’ exercise in Eastern Ladakh
- On September 18, 2019 the Indian army conducted massive integrated exercise named ‘Chang Thang’ in the Eastern Ladakh region bordering China in a very high altitude area in order to test and improve its capabilities in war fighting.
- The exercise involved all the arms of the Indian army like T-72 tanks, artillery guns and helicopters, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles etc.
About Indian Army:
Founded- 1 April 1895.
Headquarters- New Delhi.
Motto- “Service Before Self”
Former Tunisia president Zine el-Abidine Ben passed away at the age of 83 in Saudi Arabia
IR’s Secunderabad station becomes 1st station to get IGBC green platinum rating
Bollywood actor Neena Gupta wins two awards at Indian International Film Festival 2019 of Boston at Massachusetts, US
Vice President Venkaiah Naidu released ‘Himalayan Odyssey’ book by MP Veerendra Kumar in New Delhi
- On September 19, 2019, the Vice President of India Shri Venkaiah Naidu released the book in New Delhi named ‘Himalayan Odyssey’ written by Member of Parliament (MP) Veerendra Kumar.
- The book is an English translation of the Kendra Sahitya Akademi and Kerala Sahitya Akademi award-winning Malayalam original ‘Haimavathabhuvil’ by Veerendra Kumar, who is also the Chief Managing Director(CMD) of Mathrubhumi.