15th September 2019 Current Affairs
15th Indo-US Economic Summit 2019 under the aegis of Indo-American Chamber of Commerce- North India Council (IACC-NIC) held in New Delhi
International Day of Democracy 2019 observed on September 15
- The International Day of Democracy was observed on September 15, 2019 under the theme ‘Participation’.
- The day emphasizes to provide an opportunity to review the state of democracy in the world and raises awareness about democracy.
- The day was adopted by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in November 2007.
Headquarters: New York, US
President: María Fernanda Espinosa (73rd session), Prof. Tijjani Muhammad Bande (designated for the 74th session-Sept 2019).
Justice Meenakshi Madan Rai appointed as Acting CJ Of the Sikkim HC
- The Central Government has notified the appointment of Justice Meenakshi Madan Rai as the Acting Chief Justice of the Sikkim High Court.
- Justice Rai has been appointed the Acting Chief Justice in view of the impending retirement of incumbent Chief Justice Vijai Kumar Best, who set to retire on September 16, 2019.
- The appointment has been made by exercising the powers conferred by Article 223 of the Constitution of India.
Venkaiah Naidu releases the book ‘Rethinking Good Governance’ authored by the former CAG Vinod Rai in New Delhi
India to host 2020 FIFA Women’s U-17 World Cup from Nov 2-21, 2020
- The 2020 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup, which will be hosted by India, will be held from November 2 to 21, football’s governing body has confirmed. The host cities for the tournament are yet to be approved with FIFA inspecting five potential venues thus far.
- Tournament director Roma Khanna had told reporters on Friday that Kolkata, Bhubaneswar, Ahmedabad, Goa and Navi Mumbai are the five venues that were inspected by the FIFA team for the tournament.
23rd Session of the UNWTO General Assembly for 2019 held in Saint Petersburg, Russia
- This week, Russia will host the most important high-level event for global tourism at a crucial time for the sector.
- The 23rd session of the United Nations World Tourism Organization’s (UNWTO) General Assembly for 2019 was held in Saint Petersburg, Russia from September 9-13, 2019. UNWTO is the leading international organization in the field of tourism.
UNWTO: The World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) is the United Nations agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism.
Overview of union minister of finance & corporate affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman’s presentation on measures to boost economic growth
The US becomes the world’s top oil exporter surpassing Saudi Arabia and Russia
- The US has once again surpassed Saudi Arabia and Russia to reclaim the No. 1 spot as the world’s largest oil exporter, according to data from the International Energy Agency.
- The increase in US crude exports in June was helped by a surge in crude-oil shipments to more than 3 million barrels a day, according to the IEA report.
Infosys co-founder Kris Gopalakrishnan to head expert panel to examine non-personal data regulation
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Meity) has framed an 8-membered high-level panel headed by Infosys co-founder Kris Gopalakrishnan to study issues related to non-personal data and suggest the ways to regulate non-personal data.
- The Economic Survey in July built on that premise, and said, “Data is generated by the people, of the people and should be used for the people. As a public good, data can be democratised and put to the best possible use.”