13th September 2019 Current Affairs
Share this news :Share this news :
Prime Minister Launched Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana
U.S. designates TTP chief Noor Wali Mehsud as global terrorist on the eve of the 18th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks
- On September 10, 2019, on the eve of the 18th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, the United States (US) Department of State designated the chief of the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) Noor Wali Mehsud, also known as Mufti Noor Wali Mehsud, as a ‘Specially Designated Global Terrorist’ (SDGT).
- TTP has held over 1400 terrorists attacks in Pakistan in last 12 years.
SL’s new luxury train Pulathisi Express by Indian railways ‘make in india’ product flagged off
- On September 11, 2019 the new luxurious train of Sri Lanka(SL), Pulathisi Express which was produced under the ‘Make in India’ project of the Indian Railways was launched.
- The president of SL Shri Maithripala Sirisena flagged off the new train from Fort railway station in Colombo to Polonnaruwa, North central province of SL.
SBI revises service charges for deposits and withdrawals from October 1, 2019
Australia's Megan Schutt becomes 1st woman to take two int'l hat-tricks
Indian Ambassador to UAE Navdeep Suri conferred with UAE Order of Zayed II
BHEL commissions 1,320 MW thermal plant in Jharsuguda, Odisha
- On September 11, 2019 Govt. of India owned state run engineering firm Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) announced commissioning of 1320 MegaWatt(MW) power project in Ib Thermal Power Station(ITPS) in Odisha’s Jharsuguda district.
- This generated power will be supplied to Grid Corporation of Odisha(GRIDCO).
India, Russia sign deal to overhaul, modernise Delhi-class warships
Indo-Thailand Joint Military Exercise Maitree – 2019
J&K tops in coverage of iodised salt in the first Nutrition International’s survey 2019
- Tamil Nadu has the lowest consumption of iodised salt despite being the third biggest producer of salt in the country, according to a first-of-its-kind national survey to measure the coverage of iodised salt.
- The study shows that 76.3% of Indian households consumed adequately iodised salt, which is salt with at least 15 parts per million of iodine.