12th September 2019 Current Affairs
Share this news :Share this news :
DPIIT launched plastic waste management ‘Swachhta hi Sewa 2019’ campaign on September 11, 2019
Thailand became the first Asian nation to unveil plain cigarette packaging
- On September 10, 2019, Thailand became the first Asian nation to unveil plain cigarette packaging to reduce the appeal of smoking and complied with the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) guidelines.
- The standardized packaging includes a graphic picture of tobacco’s effects on the body and the logo-free brand name written in plain font.
CBDT launches one-time facility for compounding of income tax offences
Telangana governor Tamilisai becomes the youngest governor at 58years while Andhra governor Harichandan becomes the oldest at 85
PK Mishra Appointed Principal Secretary to PM Modi after Nripendra Misra Steps Down
Bollywood Actor Ranveer Singh signed as JBL’s new global brand ambassador
- On September 10, 2019, Bollywood Actor Ranveer Singh is the new global brand ambassador of Audio equipment Maker JBL owned by Harman International Industries.
- To strengthen JBL’s dominance in the country, He will engage in all sequence of marketing initiatives and also endorse a range of new JBL’s consumer audio product.
MD & CEO of Karnataka Bank inducted to the managing committee of Indian Banks’ Association (IBA)
IAF Chief B S Dhanoa restored Ambala-based 17th Squadron ‘Golden Arrows’ to operate first unit of Rafale aircraft
- On September 10, 2019, Indian Air Force (IAF) chief Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa restored Air Force Station (AFS) Ambala-based 17th Squadron ‘Golden Arrows’ which will be committed to operate India-Pakistan frontier.
- It will be the first unit to operate the newly-acquired Rafale aircraft.