10th September 2019 Current Affairs
Share this news :Share this news :
India & Nepal PMs jointly inaugurate Motihari-Amlekhganj cross border petroleum pipeline
RBI panel suggests new intermediary under NHB
- A Reserve Bank committee on Monday suggested standardisation of loan documents and setting up of a government-sponsored intermediary under the National Housing Bank (NHB) for development of the home loan securitisation market.
- Securitisation involves pooling of loans and selling them to a special purpose vehicle which then issues securities called pass-through certificates (PTCs) backed by the loan pool.
Brigid Kosgei of Kenya ran fastest half marathon ever by a woman in 2019 Great North Run in UK
- Kenya’s Brigid Kosgei ran the fastest half-marathon ever by a woman, winning the Great North Run in a time of one hour, four minutes and 28 seconds.
- Kosgei, who won this year’s London Marathon, led a Kenyan sweep of the top four places, with Magdalyne Masai second (1:07.36) and Linet Masai third (1:07:44).
Odia writer Pradeep Dash wins 40th Sarala Puraskar award for 2019
- On September 7, 2019, noted Odia poet Pradeep Dash was selected for the 40th edition of 2019 Sarala Puraskar award for his poetry work Charu Chibar O Charjya.
- The award which is the foremost literary honour in Odisha comprises of a citation with a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh and will be presented on October 26, 2019, by the governor of Odisha Shri Ganeshi Lal.
Rajiv Kumar appointed as the new MD of Microsoft India (R&D)
- Microsoft appointed Rajiv Kumar as managing director of Microsoft India (R&D) Pvt Ltd (MIRPL).
- Kumar has a track record of strong people leadership, innovation and sharp business acumen in his 27-year long career at Microsoft.
CEO: Satya Nadella
Founders: Bill Gates, Paul Allen
World Suicide Prevention Day: September 10
- September 10, is World Suicide Prevention Day—a day dedicated to raising awareness of the risks of suicide and the challenges faced when trying to prevent death by suicide.
- According to the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP), every year suicide is among the top 20 leading causes of death globally.
Freedom fighter Heeralal Sharma passes away
- On September 6, 2019 Rajasthan born freedom fighter of India, Heeralal Sharma passed away at the age of 95 due to old age ailments at a government hospital in Bikaner, Rajasthan.
- Sharma, who took an active part in the freedom struggle and was also jailed for two years, was admitted to the hospital for some time and breathed his last on Friday night.
Madras HC Chief Justice Vijaya K. Tahilramani resigns after the Meghalaya HC transfer
- On September 7, 2019, the High Court Chief Justice(HC-CJ) of Madras, Vijaya Kamlesh Tahilramani resigned from her post after being transferred to Meghalaya HC.
- The resignation letter was handed over to the President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind and copy of it to Chief Justice of India, Ranjan Gogoi.