09th September 2019 Current AffairsShare this news :
India extends $1 mn aid to Bahamas
- India government announced its decision to extend a relief of $1 million to the Bahamas which is facing the wrath of Hurricane Dorian, a category 5 hurricanes with winds reaching 295 km/h.
- Dorian, which ravaged the Bahamas as a Category 5 hurricane, wreaked havoc in the island country, uprooting trees, destroying communication lines and flattening houses, rendering hundreds of people homeless.
RBI selects Daffodil Software Pvt Ltd for developing mobile app for visually impaired
RBI bars Equitas Small Finance Bank from opening new branches
US Open: Nadal earns 19th Grand Slam title
- Rafael Nadal survived a heroic Daniil Medvedev fightback in the US Open finals to claim an epic 7-5 6-3 5-7 4-6 6-4 win and a fourth U.S. Open title, moving within one Grand Slam crown of matching Roger Federer’s all-time record of 20.
- The 33-year-old lefthander became the second oldest U.S. Open champion in the professional era behind Australian Ken Rosewall, who was 35 when he lifted the title in 1970.
Charles Leclerc wins Italian Grand Prix
- Charles Leclerc ended Ferrari’s nine-year wait for victory at the Italian Grand Prix as he led from pole to take his second win in as many weeks.
- The 21-year-old Monegasque driver held off fierce competition from Mercedes pair Valtteri Bottas and Lewis Hamilton to seal the win, backing up his first Formula 1 victory at the Belgian Grand Prix.
US Open final: Bianca Andreescu beats Serena Williams
Vedanta Resources chairman, Anil Agarwal honoured with a lifetime achievement award at 19th Annual Asian Achievers Awards 2019 held in London
IAF Chief B S Dhanoa flags off kargil to kohima ultra-marathon to mark 20 years of ‘Vijay Diwas’
- Commemorating 20 years of the Kargil War, the IAF turned the Gwalior air base virtually into a theatre of conflict with a dramatic reenactment of some milestones of the 1999 operation.
- In a symbolic recreation of the Tiger Hill attack in Jammu and Kashmir’s Drass-Kargil area, the air force used the Mirage 2000 aircraft and explosives were blown up on a ‘model hill’ to recreate the crucial events of the war.
IAF completes 1st level of astronaut selection for Gaganyaan mission
- IAF announced the completion of the Level-1 selection of Indian astronauts for mission Gaganyaan, which country’s first human mission to space, aimed to be launched by 2021, a 3-member crew will spend a minimum of seven days in the space.
- The test pilots underwent necessary extensive physical exercise tests, lab investigations, radiological tests, clinical tests and evaluation on various aspects of their psychology.
Justice Vikram Nath Appointed as Chief Justice of Gujarat High Court
- President of India has appointed Justice Vikram Nath as Chief Justice of Gujarat High Court upon Collegium’s recommendation, which had previously recommended Justice Nath as Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- Fifty-six-year-old Justice Nath, who obtained a law degree in 1986, enrolled himself as a practising lawyer in Allahabad in March 1987.