07th September 2019 Current AffairsShare this news :
28th Indo-Thai CORPAT being conducted at Bangkok, Thailand
- The 28th edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) between India’s Indian Navy (IN) and Thailand’s Royal Thai Navy (RTN) for the year 2019 is being conducted in Bangkok, Thailand from September 05-15, 2019.
- Indian Naval Ship(INS) Kesari and His Majesty’s Thailand Ship(HTMS) Kraburi are participating in the CORPAT along with both navies’s Maritime Patrol Aircrafts (MPA).
Afghan cricketer Rashid Khan becomes youngest test cricket captain
- On September 5, 2019 Afghanistan test cricket captain Rashid Khan who led the match against Bangladesh at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chittagong(Bangladesh) created record by becoming the youngest test cricket captain released by International Cricket Council(ICC) at the age of 20 years and 350 days.
- Rashid was given the captaincy in absence of Afghanistan skipper Asghar Stanikzai who was diagnosed with appendicitis.
Malinga takes double hat-trick, 1st bowler with 5 International hat-tricks
- Sri Lanka fast bowler Lasith Malinga has become the first bowler to take four wickets in four successive deliveries twice in international cricket.
- The 36-year-old took his second double hat-trick by dismissing New Zealand’s Colin Munro, Hamish Rutherford, Colin de Grandhomme and Ross Taylor in the third T20I.
Bangladesh’s Muhammad Yunus conferred ‘Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis ‘ award by Vatican
- Nobel Laureate from Bangladesh Professor Muhammad Yunus was conferred the ‘Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis ‘ award by the Vatican for his contribution towards establishing peace and harmony.
- The award is recognition for distinguished work by an individual for promoting peace and dialogue among people.
Dr. B. Bala Bhaskar is the next newly appointed Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Norway
Chandrayaan-2 orbiter intact and safe in lunar orbit: ISRO official
- The Chandrayaan-2 orbiter is intact, functioning normally and safely in the Lunar orbit, an ISRO official said after the communication with Vikram lander was lost 2.1 km from the lunar surface.
- The orbiter has the mission life of one year and its payloads will conduct remote-sensing observations from a 100 km orbit.
WHO to eliminate measles & rubella by South-East Asia region sets targets 2023
“Oscars of science” awarded to Event Horizon Telescope Team who collaborated to produce the world’s first image of a black hole
- On September 5, 2019, An Event Horizon Telescope Team consisting of 347 scientists who produced the world’s first image of a black hole were felicitated with Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics.
- It is known as the “Oscars of science” which was launched by Silicon Valley entrepreneurs and it is the eighth year of award.