06th September 2019 Current AffairsShare this news :
Govt. launches campaign to promote ‘eat right movement’
India-Pakistan 3rd round of negotiations on Kartarpur Sahib corridor held in Attari, Amritsar
- On September 4, 2019, The 3rd round of meeting between officials of India & Pakistan on the modalities for operationalization of the Kartarpur Sahib Corridor held at Attari in Amritsar, Punjab.
- This is the second meeting between the two countries in the backdrop of tensions arising between India and Pakistan after the withdrawal of special state status from Jammu and Kashmir(J&K).
Masood Azhar, Hafiz Saeed, Dawood declared terrorists under new UAPA law
- Dreaded terrorists and India’s most wanted men, Dawood Ibrahim, Hafiz Saeed and Zakir-ur-Rahman Lakhvi and Masood Azhar, have been declared terrorists by the Union government under the new anti-terror law.
- Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Masood Azhar and Lashkar-e-Taiba founder Hafiz Muhammad Saeed were declared individual terrorists by the government under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Amendment Act, 1967.
India ranks 9th among the top 10 individual nations in gold reserves with US ranking 1st in the list
- On September 4, 2019 the World Gold Council (WGC) released the 2019 list of gold reserves in each country.
- The list was topped by United States(US) with gold reserves of 8,133.5 tonnes followed by Germany (3,366.8 tonnes) at second place.
- India entered the top 10 list this year ranking at 10th spot surpassing Netherlands (612.5 tonnes) whereas it is ranked at 9th position in terms of individual countries with 618.2 tonnes, as the International Monetary Fund(IMF) ranks third (2,451.8 tonnes) in the gold reserve list.
Leh's first mobile science exhibition via IRDAI working group to revisit norms on trade credit insurancen flagged off by Union culture minister
- Insurance regulator IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) has decided to review its three-year old guidelines on trade credit insurance in line with the changing requirements of the market.
- Trade credit insurance policy provides coverage to supplier of goods and services against delay in payment or non-payments of trade credit.
Anupama Swain clinched bronze in World Martial Arts Mastership Jiu-Jitsu 2019
OSDMA wins 2019 IT Excellence Award for SATARK app
- On September 3, 2019 the Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA)has won the 2019 “IT Excellence Award” by Express India, for designing the app SATARK.
- The award for the app, which tracks and alerts during disasters based on dynamic risk knowledge in real time, is to be received on September 18, 2019 by OSDMA director B P Sethi, at Bombay Exhibition Centre, Mumbai.
UN observes International Day of Charity on 5th September
- The United Nations(UN) officially declared to observe September 5 annually as the International Day of Charity in its 2012 UN General Assembly.
- The first International Day of Charity under the resolution/A/RES/67/105 was observed in the year 2013.
Founded: 24 October 1945
Headquarters: New York