04th September 2019 Current Affairs
Share this news :Share this news :
Reliance Power will give electricity to Bangladesh for next 22 years
- On August 31, 2019, Bangladesh has signed a power project agreement to buy 718 megawatts(MW) of electricity from India’s Anil Ambani led Reliance Power over the next 22 years.
- For which the company plans to invest about $1 billion to set up a local plant at Meghnaghat in Narayanganj, over 20 km southeast of the capital Dhaka, Bangladesh by 2022.
ESIC inks pact with SBI for payments to ESIC Beneficiaries
- The Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) and the State Bank of India (SBI) on Tuesday signed a memorandum of understanding to provide electronic payment services for ESIC beneficiaries.
- The payments will be made directly to bank accounts of all ESIC beneficiaries and payees without any manual intervention as an integrated and automated process.
ICICI becomes the country’s first bank to deploy ‘Robotic Arms’ for counting currency at its chests
- ICICI Bank(Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India), the leading private sector lender, has become the 1st bank in India to deploy industrial ‘robotic arms’ to count millions of notes in currency chests across the country.
- 14 machines (robotic arms) have been deployed in 12 cities so that all these can count 6 million notes in a working day or about 1.80 billion notes annually.
Ashok Leyland becomes the first OEM to meet BS-VI emission norms
- Ashok Leyland, Indian automobile major headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu has become the 1st Indian original equipment manufacturer (OEM) to meet the Bharat Stage (BS ) VI emission standards for all its heavy-duty trucks with a gross vehicle weight of 16.2 tonnes and above.
- Ashok Leyland was the 1st company to showcase Euro-VI trucks during Auto Expo 2016 held in New Delhi.
Sanjiv Ranjan concurrently becomes next Indian ambassador to the Republic of Ecuador
‘Samudrayaan’- deep ocean mining project to be undertaken by India
- On September 3, 2019, India’s deep-sea project “Samudrayaan” undertaken by National Institute of Ocean Technology, Chennai (NIOT) is proposed to be launched in 2021-22.
- The proposed project announced by NIOT Director MA Atmanand, is a part of Ministry of Earth Sciences’ pilot project, and plans to send three persons to depth in a submersible vehicle of 6000mtrs for underwater studies related to deep-sea mining of rare minerals.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus adjudged as best 'Swachh Iconic Place'
“Garvi Gujarat Bhavan” inaugurated by PM Modi in New Delhi
- On September 2, 2019 the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the “Garvi Gujarat Bhavan” at Akbar Road in New Delhi.
- The building was built by the Gujarat government at a cost of Rs 131 crore which will serve as a home for Gujarati people in Delhi and the old Gujarat Bhavan at Chanakyapuri, Delhi will also continue to function.
A new book entitled “First They Erased Our Name: A Rohingya Speaks” to be released by Penguin Random House (India)
- A new book entitled “First They Erased Our Name: A Rohingya Speaks” penned by journalist Sophie Ansel (France) will be formally released by Penguin Random House (India) on September 9, 2019.
- The Myanmar government rapids the process of ethnic cleansing in 2016 & 2017, and about 600,000 Rohingya were forced to cross the border into Bangladesh.