28th April 2019 Current Affairs
International (22nd April 2019 – 27th April 2019)
- Comedian Volodymyr Jelensky won the presidential election of Ukraine
- Mount Agung volcano in Bali resort Island erupted
- Iran, Pakistan declare joint border reaction
- Indonesia releases special stamp on the theme of Ramayana
- Import of milk products from China banned
- Israel to name a town in Golan Heights after Donald Trump
- 290 deaths in Sri Lanka bomb blasts
- Pakistan’s Cyril Almeida Named IPI’s World Press Freedom Hero
Economy and Business (22nd April 2019 – 27th April 2019)
- India will stop importing crude oil from Iran
- LSE Names a Professorship After Economist Amartya Sen
- SBI General Insurance launches Cyber Defence Insurance
- RBI sells entire stake in NHB, Nabard to govt for Rs 1,470 cr
- SEBI Reduces Minimum Subscription Requirement For REITs, InvITs
- Microsoft Becomes World’s Third Company to be worth $1 Trillion
- RBI Introduces ₹ 20 Banknote In Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series
Sports (22nd April 2019 – 27th April 2019)
- Fognini won the Monte Carlo Masters of the Year 2019 by defeating Dusan Lajovic
- Asian Badminton Championships began
- Bajrang Punia wins Gold in Asian Wrestling C’ship
- Goswami received best sportsperson award
- Shooting: India bag two gold at ISSF World Cup
- Pankaj Advani wins inaugural Asian Snooker Tour title
- ISSF World Cup: Abhishek Verma Wins Gold in 10m Air Pistol
Appointments / Resignation (22nd April 2019 – 27th April 2019)
- Twitter appoints Manish Maheshwari as new India MD
- Karnam Sekar appointed as IOB’s new MD & CEO
- Shri Rajendra Kumar Nayak took Over as CGDA
- Uday Kumar Varma resigns from Assocham Secretary General Post
- Naseem Zaidi left Jet Airways board
- Former Army Chief Dalbir Suhag appointed Indian envoy to Seychelles
- Wipro BFSI President resigns from his post
Obituaries (22nd April 2019 – 27th April 2019)
Try out the quiz ?
1. Who has inducted into the Cleveland International Hall of Fame?
Srinath has inducted into the Cleveland International Hall of Fame.
2. Mount Agung volcano has erupted again. This volcano situated in which country?
Mount Agung volcano in Bali(Indonesia) resort Island erupted.
3. Which company becomes world’s third company to be worth $1 trillion?
Microsoft Becomes World’s Third Company to be worth $1 Trillion
4. Who has won inaugural Asian Snooker tour title?
Pankaj Advani wins inaugural Asian Snooker Tour title.
5. Who has launched Cyber Defence Insurance?
SBI General Insurance launches Cyber Defence Insurance.
6. Swacchta Pakhwada Award 2019 won by.........
AIR receive Swacchta Pakhwada Award.
7. Who has resigned from Assocham Secretary General Post?
Uday Kumar Varma resigns from Assocham Secretary General Post.
8. World Malaria Day being observed on which day?
World Malaria Day being observed on 25th April.
9. World’s 1st Malaria Vaccine launched in..........
World’s 1st Malaria Vaccine Launched In Africa.
10. Veteran lady Rama Sengupta Paul passes away. She was a famous.......
Noted lady Mountaineer Rama Sengupta Paul passes away.
11. The Meghalaya government will invest how many crores rupees in fish production?
Meghalaya government will invest 378 crore rupees to augment fish production.
12. The first Hindu temple will be built in the which country?
The first Hindu temple will be built in the UAE.
13. Indian Army has signed a MOU with NHPC Limited, to build four underground tunnels along China and Pakistan borders. What will be the cost of this pilot project?
Indian Army Inks MoU With NHPC To Build Tunnels On China, Pakistan Borders. Cost for this project would be around Rs 15 crore.