24th February 2019 Current Affairs
National (18th February – 23rd February)
- Rajnath Singh Launches Pan-India Number 112 For Women Safety
- Suresh Prabhu launches ‘SWAYATT’ on GeM
- PM Modi Flagged Off 1st Ever Diesel to Electric Conversion Locomotive from Varanasi
- The Cabinet approved the launch of Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (KUSUM).
- Operation Digital Board Launched by HRD Ministry
International (18th February – 23rd February)
Awards (18th February – 23rd February)
- Abdul Aziz Muhammad Wins International Human Rights Prize
- Shiv Chhatrapati Awards Conferred on Uday Deshpande And Smriti Mandhana
- PM Modi receives the Seoul Peace Prize in South Korea
- Digital India Awards conferred for Excellence in Web Space
- Divya Karnad Becomes First Indian Woman to Receive Future for Nature Award
Appointments (18th February – 23rd February)
- Pramod Chandra Mody appointed as New CBDT Chairman
- Senior IPS officer Anuj Sharma appointed Kolkata Police Commissioner
- SC Appoints Former Judge Justice D.K. Jain as BCCI Ombudsman
- PayU India appoints Anirban Mukherjee as CEO
- Lt Gen Ravi: 3rd member of CoA
- Ajay Singh Appointed as The Head of AIBA Elite Foundation
Important Days (18th February – 23rd February)
Obituaries (18th February – 23rd February)
- Swiss Actor Bruno Ganz Passed Away
- Best-selling British Author ‘Andrea Levy’ Passed Away
- Climate Scientist Wallace Smith Broecker Passes Away
- ‘Badge of Honor’ Military Novelist, W.E.B. Griffin Passes Away
- Noted Hindi Writer Namvar Singh Passes Away
- Veteran Film Producer Raj Kumar Barjatya Passes Away
States (18th February – 23rd February)
- The Himachal Pradesh Assembly passed a Bill to make Sanskrit the second official language of the state.
- Telangana gets two new districts
- India’s First Hi-Tech Forensic Lab NCFL and CyPAD Inaugurated in New Delhi
- ‘KALIA Chhatra Bruti’ Scholarship Launched in Odisha
- Justice Uma Nath Singh to take oath as first Lokayukta of Nagaland
Try out the quiz ?
1. In which city the single emergency helpline '112' has been launched for 16 States and Union Territories?
Rajnath Singh Launches Pan-India Number 112 For Women Safety. Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi launched a range of citizen safety initiatives in New Delhi.
2. India has raised how many percent of customs duty to all goods imported from Pakistan?
According to the Finance minister Arun Jaitley, India has raised the basic customs duty to 200% on all goods imported from Pakistan with immediate effect.
3. Who has been appointed as new Chairman of CBDT?
Shri Pramod Chandra Mody (Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax cadre)- 1982-batch) has been appointed as the new chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes.
4. Andrea Levy has Passed Away, he was related with field?
The best-selling British author Andrea Levy, who explored the experience of Jamaican British people in a series of novel over 20 years, has died from cancer at the age of 62.
5. Who has become the first woman to fly in made-in-India Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas?
Badminton player PV Sindhu has become the first woman to fly in made-in-India Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas.
6. Who has received the prestigious Seoul Peace Prize - 2018?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi received the prestigious Seoul Peace Prize - 2018 for his contribution to international cooperation and fostering global economic growth.
7. International Mother Language Day is being observed every year in which date of February month?
International Mother Language Day is being observed every year on the 21st of February (since February 2000) to promote linguistic and cultural diversity and multilingualism.
8. An MoU was signed between Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) and University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada in which field?
An MoU was signed between Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) and University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada for next 10 years in New Delhi.
9. Employees Provident Fund Organisation has hiked interest rate on employees provident fund for the 2018-19 fiscal year. What is the new rate of intrest?
Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation has hiked interest rate on employees’ provident fund to 8.65% from 8.55% for the 2018-19 fiscal year.
10. Odisha Govt will give free sanitary napkins to school girls under which scheme?
The Odisha Cabinet approved the ‘Khushi ‘scheme to provide free sanitary napkins to school girls across the state.
11. The ATL Drone module was launched at the ongoing Aero India 2019 in which city?
The ‘ATL Drone module: Get, Set, go’ for Atal Tinkering Labs was launched at the ongoing Aero India 2019 in Bengaluru.
12. Shooter Apurvi sets world record, wins India's 1st gold at Delhi WC in which category?
Commonwealth Games 2014 gold medallist Apurvi Chandela broke the women's 10m Air Rifle category world record to clinch India's first gold medal at the New Delhi World Cup on Saturday.