03rd February 2019 Current Affairs
National (28th January -02nd February)
- India’s fastest indigenous train renamed as Vande Bharat Express
- Shri Piyush Goyal launches the IEA’s Report “The Future of Rail”
- ICAR Launches National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP)
- National Salt Satyagraha Memorial Inaugurated at Dandi
- Southern Railway won number one for cleanliness
Economy and Business (28th January -02nd February)
Sports (28th January -02nd February)
Try out the quiz ?
1. Southern Railway has bagged the number one position for cleanliness in all the railway zones in the country. How many Railway zones in India?
The Southern Railway has bagged the number one position for cleanliness in all the 17 railway zones in the country.
2. What is 'Aber'?
The central banks of the UAE and Saudi Arabia have launched a common digital currency called "Aber".
3. Who is Chanda Kochhar?
ICICI Bank terminated the contract of former managing director and CEO Chanda Kochhar for violating the bank’s code of conduct.
4. Novak Djokovic defeated Rafael Nadal to win his 7th Australian Open Men's Singles title at Melbourne. Novak Djokovic belongs from which nation?
Serbian professional tennis player Novak Djokovic (world No.1) defeated Rafael Nadal to win his 7th Australian Open Men's Singles title at Melbourne.
5. The ‘Numaligarh Refinery Limited’ (NRL) has been awarded the best Miniratna PSU in strategic performance in which Category?
The ‘Numaligarh Refinery Limited’ (NRL) has been awarded the best Miniratna PSU (public sector undertaking) in strategic performance in Financial Category.
6. Who is Rajiv Nayan Choubey?
Rajiv Nayan Choubey took the Oath of office and Secrecy as Member of Union Public Service Commission on Feb 1, 2019.
7. What is “Convention 108”?
The Council of Europe had launched a Data Protection Day to be celebrated each year on 28 January, the date on which the Council of Europe’s data protection convention, known as “Convention 108”, was opened to the signature.
8. First time Scientists have created an artificial intelligence (AI) based system that directly translates thoughts into..........
The first time, Scientists have created an artificial intelligence (AI) based system that directly translates thoughts into intelligible, recognisable speech.
9. Lt Gen Rajeev Chopra has appointed Director General of...
1. Lt Gen Rajeev Chopra has appointed Director General of NCC (DGNCC).
10. Michel Legrand has passed away, he was a famous......
Oscar-winning French composer Michel Legrand (86-years) passed away on 28th January 2019.
11. Second Tulip garden of India will develop in which district?
Uttarakhand Government has obtained the permission to develop the Tulip garden in Pithoragarh district.
12. Android app ‘Roshni’ would help the Visually Impaired to recognise which thing?
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar has developed an Android app ‘Roshni’ that would help the Visually Impaired to recognise currency notes in Chandigarh.
13. Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) announced entering into agreements with India for providing…….?
Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) announced entering into agreements worth $93 million this for providing Naval Medium Range Surface-to-Air Missile (MRSAM) systems to India.
14. “Rag Rag Mein Ganga” will broadcast on which channel?
Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Road Transport & Highways and Shipping, Shri Nitin Gadkari launched travelogue show “Rag Rag Mein Ganga” on Doordarshan in New Delhi.