27th January 2019 Current Affairs
National (21st January -26th January)
- Inter-state bridge in J-K to be inaugurated
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu Presented Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards and SAGY Awards
- PM Modi inaugurates Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose museum at Red Fort
- Piyush Goyal Named Interim Finance Minister
- South Africa President Cyril Ramaphosa to be Chief Guest at 2019 R-Day Parade
International (21st January -26th January)
- Rio de Janeiro will be World Capital of Architecture for 2020: UNESCO
- Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven Reelected For Second Term
- Nigeria’s new outbreak of Lassa fever kills 16
- Venezuela Breaks Off Diplomatic Ties with the US
- Sultan Abdullah named as King of Malaysia
- Pak declares Sugarcane juice as national drink
Sports (21st January -26th January)
- Ankita Raina wins ITF’s tournament in Singapore
- Virat Kohli named Captain of ICC’s Test, ODI teams of Year
- BCCI announces a bonus of Rs 20 lakh each for senior selection committee members
- Mohammed Shami becomes the fastest Indian bowler to reach 100 ODI wickets
- Johan Botha retires from all forms of cricket
Awards (21st January -26th January)
- Ranjani Murali wins ‘Woman’s Voice Award’
- President Ram Nath Kovind Confers Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2019
- Lance Naik Nazir Ahmad Wani to be conferred with Ashok Chakra
- Pranab Mukherjee, Nanaji Deshmukh, Bhupen Hazarika awarded Bharat Ratna
- Government institutes Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar
Appointments (21st January -26th January)
- RBI Approves Appointment of V Vaidyanathan as MD, CEO of IDFC First Bank
- Ravneet Gill To Replace Rana Kapoor as Yes Bank MD and CEO
- PNB: Agyey Kumar joins as Executive Director
- Parthasarathi Mukherjee to head Lakshmi Vilas Bank for another two years
- Karthyani appointed as Goodwill Ambassador
- Ronojoy Dutta named new Indigo CEO
States (21st January -26th January)
Miscellaneous (21st January -26th January)
Try out the quiz ?
1. PM Modi inaugurated Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose museum in which city?
PM Modi inaugurates Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose museum at Red Fort in New Delhi.
2. Which country breaked off diplomatic ties with the US?
Venezuela Breaks Off Diplomatic Ties with the US
3. Which country has announced ban of Indian notes above Rs100?
Nepal’s Central Bank Announces Ban of Indian Notes Above Rs100
4. Who has been named as captain of ICC's Test & ODI teams of Year?
Virat Kohli named Captain of ICC's Test, ODI teams of Year
5. Who is winner of Woman’s Voice Award?
Ranjani Murali wins ‘Woman’s Voice Award’
6. Who has been named as new CEO of Indigo?
Ronojoy Dutta named new Indigo CEO
7. Which day National Voters’ Day celebrated across the country?
National Voters’ Day celebrated across the country on 25th January
8. Opportunity rover completed its 15 years on which planet?
Opportunity rover completes 15 years on Mars.
9. IAFTX 2019 is a Field Training Exercise between.......
IAFTX 2019: India Africa Field Training Exercise Held in Pune
10. Krishna Sobti has passed away. He was a legendary.....
Krishna Sobti, a legendary Hindi writer, passes away
11. Which state is top state in terms of GDP growth in FY18: Crisil report?
Bihar top state in terms of GDP growth in FY18: Crisil report
12. Which Indian short film has been shortlisted for Oscars nomination?
India-set short film 'Period. End of Sentence' gets Oscars nomination
13. Cabinet approves MoU between India and Kuwait for cooperation on the recruitment of.........
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Kuwait for cooperation on the recruitment of domestic workers