06th September 2018 Current Affairs
Pradhan Mantri JanDhan Yojana turned into an open-ended scheme.
- The Union Cabinet on September 5, 2018 gave it’s nod to turn the Pradhan Mantri JanDhan Yojana (PMJDY) into an open-ended scheme.
- with this, the Centre has shifted its emphasis from “each household” to “all adult individuals”. The aim is to ensure the inclusion of all citizens who are outside the formal financing system.
India retained the top WHO position in South-East Asia Region
Indian navy ships and aircraft have arrived in Sri Lanka
- Indian navy ships and aircraft have arrived in Sri Lanka to take part in the joint exercise SLINEX-2018 to be held with Sri Lankan navy at Trincomalee.
- The exercise which was previously held biannually has been converted to an annual event from this year to enhance cooperation in the maritime domain and to further strengthen mutual trust and interoperability between the two navies.
LCA refueled mid-air from a aircraft IL-78 MKI.
- In a big step in its development cycle, indigenously made ‘Tejas’ – Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) – was on September 4, 2018 refueled mid-air from a Russian built IAF tanker aircraft IL-78 MKI.
- The tanker was launched from IAF’s base in Agra while the fighter was launched from Gwalior. The test involved a ‘dry’ link-up.
Bhagwati Kumar Sharma passed away in Surat
SAC approved formation of a joint venture
- Jammu and Kashmir State Administrative Council (SAC) on September 5, 2018 approved formation of a joint venture between the Centre and the state government for development of the 850 MW Ratle Hydro Electric Project (HEP).
- HEP will be transferred to the state within a period of seven years from the start of commercial operation of the project.
Book titled ‘Sardar Patel'unveiled recently by NSA
Try out the quiz ?
Q.1 Which of the following company has received final nod from IRDAI?
Reliance Health Insurance (Anil Ambani-led) has received the final nod from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) to begin operations.
Q.2 Which rank acquired by India in govt e-payment adoption?
India's overall ranking on the government's adoption of e-payments has moved up to 28th in 2018 (36th in 2011).
Q.3 In which country The Sultan of Johor Cup Junior Men's Hockey tournament 2018 (eighth edition) has begins?
The Sultan of Johor Cup Junior Men's Hockey tournament 2018 (eighth edition) begins in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
Q.4 Who is flag-bearer of the Indian contingent for Youth Olympic Games 2018?
Indian sport shooter Manu Bhaker (16-years) is leading the Indian team in the opening ceremony as the flag-bearer of the Indian contingent for the games.
Q.5 Who is appointed as chief of IDBI By government?
The union government has appointed Rakesh Sharma as managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) of IDBI Bank for a period of six months
Q.6 Who is appointed as Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court?
Justice Surya Kant sworn in as the Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court.
Q.7 Who is appointed as Deputy National Security Advisor of Joint Intelligence Committee?
R N Ravi, the Chairman of the Joint Intelligence Committee, has been re-designated as the Deputy National Security Advisor.
Q.8 Where has been India's first "Methanol Cooking Fuel Program" launched?
The Northeast and Assam Petro-chemicals, a state-owned company, on October 5, 2018 launched Asia's first cannisters based and India's first "Methanol Cooking Fuel Program" in Namrup, Assam.
Q.9 Which of the following zone has become unmanned level crossing free zone?
The Southern Railway has become Unmanned Level Crossing (UMLC) Free Zone, eliminating over 1,000 such level crossings.
Q.10 Read the sentences carefully
1. India and Russia seal defense deal of USD 5 billion for S-400 air defence system deal during the annual bilateral summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin at Hyderabad House.
2. The two countries are also expected to seal the number of pacts in key sectors such as space and energy
3. He will have the task of ensuring a smooth transfer of majority ownership from the government to Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
Which of the above sentences is /are correct ?
India and Russia seal defense deal of USD 5 billion for S-400 air defence system deal during the annual bilateral summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin at Hyderabad House. The two countries are also expected to seal the number of pacts in key sectors such as space and energy.