31st August 2018 Current Affairs
Share this news :
Share this news :
The Human Resource Development launched ARRIA
- The Human Resource Development (HRD) ministry on August 30, 2018 launched the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARRIA) and the Innovation Cell.
- The rankings will promote a culture of innovation and research in higher education.
Nobel Peace Prize to Aung San Suu Kyi will not be withdrawn.
- The Norwegian Nobel Committee said that the Nobel Peace Prize to Aung San Suu Kyi will not be withdrawn.
- Aung San Suu Kyi, who leads the Myanmar government and won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1991 for campaigning for democracy.
The Indian women’s relay won gold medal
- The Indian women’s relay quartet of Hima Das, M. Poovamma, Saritaben Gayakwad and V. Vismaya won a gold medal in the women’s 4×400 relay at the Asian Games 2018.
- Bahrain won the silver medal while Vietnam won the bronze medal.
Jinson Johnson won gold medal in the men’s 1500m event
- India’s Jinson Johnson won gold medal in the men’s 1500m event in the Asian Games 2018 in Jakarta on 30th August, 2018.
- Jinson Johnson earlier won a silver medal in the 800m event.
Balesh Sharma takes over as Vodafone Idea's first CEO
- Balesh Sharma takes over as Vodafone Idea’s first CEO. He was the Chief Operating Officer of Vodafone India and a member of its executive committee.
- Sharma holds degrees in Mechanical Engineering and MBA (Marketing and Finance) from the University of Rajasthan
IPPB is getting launched on September 1,2018
- The India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) is getting launched on September 1, 2018.
- The post office’s IPPB will provide customers savings and current accounts, along with services including bills and utility payments, remittance and money transfer, direct benefit transfers and enterprise and merchant payments.
GeM will be launched on 5th September 2018.
- National Mission on Government e-Marketplace (GeM) will be launched on 5th September 2018.
- The aim of the National Mission is to promote inclusiveness, transparency and efficiency in public procurement and achieve cashless, contact less and paperless transaction.
The Mumbai Airport will be known as the Chhatrapati Shivaji ‘Maharaj’ International Airport.
- The Mumbai Airport will be known as the Chhatrapati Shivaji ‘Maharaj’ International Airport.
- This move comes almost two years after Maharashtra Assembly passed a resolution regarding the addition of the word ‘Maharaj’ in the name.
Environment Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan released REDD+
- Environment Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan released National Reducing Emission from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+).
- REDD+ aims to achieve climate change mitigation by incentivising forest conservation.
The Union Cabinet has approved a Memorandum of Understanding
- The Union Cabinet has approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) and the Federal Insurance Office, USA.
- The MoU includes an exchange of information and research assistance with respect to each Authority’s overview and other lawful responsibilities.
India and Asian Development Bank have signed 346 Million dollar loan agreement
- India and Asian Development Bank have signed 346 Million dollar loan agreement to improve over 400 kilometers of State highways in Karnataka.
- The loan agreement for the Karnataka State Highways Improvement Project was inked between Joint Secretary in the Finance Ministry Sameer Kumar Khare and Country Director of ADB’s India Resident Mission Kenichi Yokoyama.
- 30th अगस्त 2018 करंट अफेयर्स
- 31st अगस्त 2018 करंट अफेयर्स
You May Also Like