29th August 2018 Current Affairs
Share this news :Share this news :
Government has constituted a 21-member to advice Prime Minister
India and World Bank have signed a $220 million loan agreement
- India and World Bank have signed a $220 million loan agreement and $80 million guarantee agreement for India Energy Efficiency scale-up program.
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) will utilize the fund to scale up the deployment of energy-saving measures in residential and public sectors, strengthen the firm’s institutional capacity and enhance its access to commercial financing.
Manjit Singh won the gold medal in the men's 800m event
United Nations recognizes the International Day Against Nuclear Tests on 29th August
- United Nations recognizes the International Day Against Nuclear Tests every year on 29 Aug to commemorate the decision by Kazakhstan’s President Nursultan Nazarbayev to shut the Semipalatinsk Test Site in Kazakhstan.
- Semipalatinsk was more than just one site: its closing in 1991 was symbolic, amidst the crumbling of the Soviet Union.
ISRO recently unveiled the details of the Gaganyaan mission
Rajasthan and the World Bank signed a USD 250 million Development Policy Loan
- The Union Government, Rajasthan and the World Bank signed a USD 250 million Development Policy Loan (DPL) to support Rajasthan in improving the performance of its Electricity Distribution Sector under the State’s ‘24×7 Power for All’ program.
- The loan from the World Bank’s International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), has a 3 year grace period and a maturity of 21 years.