28th August 2018 Current Affairs
Share this news :
Anil D Ambani has resigned
- Anil D Ambani has resigned as the Director of Reliance Naval and Engineering Ltd (RNAVAL).
- Ambani resigned in compliance with provisions of Section 165 of the Companies Act, 2013, prescribing the limit on directorships to only 10 public companies.
The G20 Digital Economy Ministerial Meeting was held in Salta
- The G20 Digital Economy Ministerial Meeting was held in Salta, Argentina.
- It took place as part of Sherpa Track for 2018 G20 Leaders’ Summit, which is to be hosted by Argentina by end of 2018.
DBS Bank has been named the world's best bank by Global Finance magazine
- DBS Bank has been named the world’s best bank by Global Finance magazine, in a reflection of its ability to invest in digital innovation while still maintaining stable operations for its customers.
- DBS is the first Asian bank to receive the accolade from the New York-based publication, which last year gave the title to ING Bank.
PNB becomes number one state-owned bank in terms of digital transactions.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) has announced that the Department of Financial Services report has rated it as number one state-owned bank in terms of digital transactions.
- The Nirav Modi scam-hit bank is also rated as the sixth overall amongst all banks in India for digital performance.
FDI in India grew by 23 % to $12.75 billion
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in India grew by 23 % to $12.75 billion throughout the April-June quarter of 2018-19, according to Gov reports.
- The overseas fund inflows in April-June 2017-18 stood at $10.4 billion.
PV Sindhu won silver medal in badminton
- PV Sindhu won silver medal in badminton at the Asian Games 2018.
- PV Sindhu was defeated by Taiwan’s Tai Tzu Ying.
Satya S Tripathi appointed as Assistant Secretary-General and Head of the New York Office of UNEP
- United Nations has appointed Indian development economist and UN official Satya S Tripathi as Assistant Secretary-General and Head of the New York Office of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- Satya has served as Senior Adviser on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at UNEP since 2017.
Scientists have discovered a giant deep-sea coral reef system
- Scientists have discovered a giant deep-sea coral reef system off the coast of the US state of South Carolina.
- A pair of dives in a submersible called Alvin confirmed the existence of the coral reef and based on observations, researchers estimate the reef is at least 85 miles long.
Ladakh has commissioned a ‘BlackHOLE’ pump designed by Tesla
- Ladakh has commissioned a ‘BlackHOLE’ pump designed by Tesla to tackle its waste problem.
- The plant converts all the waste collected, except glass, to ash.
The Ministry of Tourism has sanctioned two new projects
- The Ministry of Tourism has sanctioned two new projects under Heritage and North East Circuits of Swadesh Darshan Scheme (SDS) in Punjab and Tripura.
- ‘Swadesh Darshan‘ is the scheme of the Ministry of Tourism for the development of thematic circuits in the country.
Share this news :
The Government of India signed a MoU with the six Upper Yamuna basin states
- The Government of India signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the six Upper Yamuna basin states for the construction of Lakhwar multi-purpose project in Uttarakhand.
- The 6 Upper Yamuna basin states are Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Haryana and Delhi.
You May Also Like