20th August 2018 Current Affairs
Share this news :Share this news :
A map published by the Central Pollution Control Board
Greece has successfully exited its final 3-year bailout programme
- According to European Stability Mechanism (ESM), Greece has successfully exited its final, 3-year bailout programme, agreed in August 2015 to help it cope with the continued fallout from a debt crisis.
- The ESM has disbursed 61.9 billion euros over 3 years in support of macroeconomic adjustment and bank recapitalisation.
NABARD All India Financial Inclusion Survey released by Dr. Rajiv kumar
- NABARD All India Financial Inclusion Survey (NAFIS), conducted by National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), was released by Dr. Rajiv Kumar, Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog in New Delhi.
- The report revealed that farm households register higher income than the families solely dependent on non-farm livelihood activities in rural areas.
Australian cricketer Mitchell Johnson announced the retirement from all forms of cricket
- Australian cricketer Mitchell Johnson announced the retirement from all forms of cricket as his body was ‘starting to shut down’, almost three years after he stepped down from the international game.
- Johnson played 73 Tests in the Baggy Green, claiming 313 wickets, the fourth most for an Australian, and also 153 ODIs before retiring from international cricket in 2015.
Board of Indiabulls Housing Finance appoint Subhash Sheoratan Mundra
Scientist has developed 4D printing for Ceramics
DRDO has successfully test Smart Anti Airfield Weapon
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully tested indigenously developed light weight glide bomb Smart Anti Airfield Weapon (SAAW).
- Total of three tests with eighth round of developmental trails with different release conditions were conducted during 16 to 18 August 2018.