19th August 2018 Current Affairs
Share this news :
The NDRF rescue in flood affected Kerala
- The NDRF has the biggest ever relief and rescue operation in flood-affected Kerala.
- A total of 58 teams have been deputed to work in the state out of which 55 are working on the ground.
Israeli Navy introduced 8 missile defence system
- Israeli Navy has announced to procure multi-purpose Barak 8 missile defence system, jointly developed by India and Israel.
- It will be used by Israeli Navy’s Sa’ar-6 corvettes to expand its operational capabilities of Israeli navy.
Indian girls clinched the SAFF U-15 title
- Indian girls clinched the SAFF U-15 title after defeating defending champions Bangladesh by 1-0 in the final played at the Changlimithang Stadium in Thimpu.
- Sunita Munda struck the lone goal in the final in the 67th minute.
World Humanitarian day is celebrated to help other
- World Humanitarian Day is observed to recognize those who face danger and adversity in order to help others.
- The day was designated by the General Assembly to coincide with the anniversary of the 2003 bombing of the United Nations headquarters in Baghdad, Iraq, which killed 22 UN staff.
A team of international researchers have decoded the wheat genome
- A team of international researchers have decoded the wheat genome.
- The international team includes 18 scientists from India.
Former United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan has passed away
- Former United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan has passed away at the age of 80. Annan, who was the seventh Secretary-General of the United Nations, served at the UN from 1997 to 2006.
- He was the first to emerge from the ranks of United Nations staff.
September month will be declared "month of Nutrition "in Rajasthan
- Rajasthan government has declared that the state will observe September as the “month of nutrition” to create awareness among people living in the state.
- Students of Class 1 to 8 of government schools will be given milk daily instead of thrice a week.
FSSAI has constituted three-member committee
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has constituted three-member committee to look into draft food labelling and display regulations – Food Safety and Standards (Labelling and Display) Regulations 2018.
- The committee will be headed by B Sesikeran, former director of National Institute of Nutrition (NIN)and comprises of current NIN director Hemalatha and AIIMS’ endocrinologist Nikhil Tandon.
Share this news :
The 11th World Hindi Conference has started in Port Louis
- The 11th World Hindi Conference has started in Port Louis the capital of Mauritius.
- At the beginning of the conference, a two-minute silence was observed to pay tribute to former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- 18th अगस्त 2018 करंट अफेयर्स
- 19th अगस्त 2018 करंट अफेयर्स
You May Also Like