18th August 2018 Current Affairs
Share this news :
India’s third freight corridor is likely to come up between Kharagpur and Vijaywada
- India’s third freight corridor is likely to come up between Kharagpur and Vijaywada sections.
- The project, which is also called the East Coast Corridor, will be 1,114 km in length and is part of the Golden Quadrilateral project of Indian Railways.
Imran khan took oath of 22nd prime minister of Pakistan
- Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan on 18th August, 2018 took oath as the 22nd Prime Minister of Pakistan.
- The oath-taking ceremony was administered by Pakistan President Mamnoon Hussain.
PhonePe has partnered with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC)
- Mobile payment platform PhonePe has partnered with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to facilitate digital payment on the IRCTC Rail Connect Android app.
- The partnership will enable over 100 million PhonePe users to use their bank accounts to pay for their travel booking directly via UPI, credit and debit cards, and PhonePe digital wallets.
During the demonetisation phase Credit growth has declined
- According to Reserve Bank of India’s report, credit growth in the micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) sector declined during the demonetisation phase.
- Bank credit to MSMEs increased on average by 8.5% year on year during the June quarter of fiscal year 2018-19.
HAL has become the first public sector enterprise
- Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL) has become the first public sector enterprise to make a transaction on the “TReDS platform”.
- TReDS is an online electronic institutional mechanism for facilitating the financing of trade receivables of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) through multiple financiers.
S K Arora has been awarded the prestigious WHO World No Tobacco Day 2017 Award
- Delhi government’s additional director of health S K Arora has been awarded the prestigious WHO World No Tobacco Day 2017 Award for his extraordinary contribution towards tobacco control.
- Tobacco prevalence in Delhi has come down by 6.5% in the past six years.
Steve McQueen will receive BAFTA’s John Schlesinger Britannia Award.
- British director Steve McQueen will receive BAFTA’s John Schlesinger Britannia Award.
- McQueen, who won an Oscar for 12 Years a Slave, would be this year’s recipient of the John Schlesinger Britannia Award for excellence in directing.
M D Ranganath has resigned from the Infosys
- IT major Infosys said its Chief Financial Officer M D Ranganath has resigned from the company.
- Ranganath will continue in his current position till November 16, 2018.
18th Asian Games started in jakarata
- The 18th edition of the Asian Games officially kicked off in the Indonesian capital Jakarta on 18th August 2018.
- Asian Games 2018, also known as Jakarta Palembang 2018, starting from August 18 will end on September 2, 2018, in the Indonesian cities of Jakarta and Palembang.
Microsoft India and Apollo Hospitals designed to predict the risk of CVD in the Indian population
- Microsoft India and Apollo Hospitals unveiled the ‘first-ever’ artificial intelligence-powered cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk score API (application program interface).
- It is designed to predict the risk of CVD in the Indian population.
Share this news :
BCCI and the Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) signed an agreement
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and the Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) signed an agreement for the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to host the prestigious Asia Cup.
- The Asia Cup 2018 will have cricket teams from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan.
You May Also Like