14th August 2018 Current Affairs
Share this news :
Share this news :
The Delhi Police inducted an all-woman Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team
- The Delhi Police inducted an all-woman Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team, consisting of 36 commandos – the first ever by any police force in India – for anti-terrorist operations.
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh announced the team.
NWGRB has inaugurated at Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology’s (CCMB) Laboratory of Conservation of Endangered Species
- National Wildlife Genetic Resource Bank (NWGRB) has inaugurated at Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology’s (CCMB) Laboratory of Conservation of Endangered Species (LaCONES) facility in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- It is India’s first genetic resource bank where the genetic material will be stored for posterity which will further the cause of conservation of endangered and protected animals.
The government has dismissed Usha Ananthasubramaniam from service.
- The government has dismissed Usha Ananthasubramaniam , former managing director of scam-hit Punjab National Bank and Allahabad Bank, from service.
- Usha, who completed her one year as the CEO & MD of Allahabad Bank on May 6 2018.
Vienna has replaced Melbourne for the first time
- Vienna has replaced Melbourne for the first time at the top of the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Global Liveability Index.
- Damascus retained the last place, followed by the Dhaka, and Lagos in Nigeria.
Viraj Madappa became the youngest Indian to win on the Asian Tour
- Indian golfer Viraj Madappa became the youngest Indian to win on the Asian Tour, as he won his first title on the Asian Tour at Take Solutions Masters in Bengaluru.
- Viraj Madappa scored a total of 16-under 268 at the Asian Tour event.
Ashish Kumar Bhutani has been appointed CEO of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana .
- Ashish Kumar Bhutani has been appointed Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY).
- Bhutani, a 1992 batch IAS officer of Assam-Meghalaya cadre, has been appointed to the post till May 9, 2020.
Egon Zehnder International appointed as a ‘Knowledge Partner’ to the Banks Board Bureau.
- The Indian Banks’ Association has appointed Egon Zehnder International as a ‘Knowledge Partner’ to the Banks Board Bureau.
- It will design, implement and institutionalise a flagship leadership development strategy for public sector banks in India.
The lander on the Chandrayaan-2 mission will be named as" vikram"
- The lander on the Chandrayaan-2 mission, which is scheduled to be launched in January 2019 will be named ‘Vikram’ after Vikram Sarabhai, the father of Indian space programme.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has got clearance from the space commission.
Chhattisgarh Governor Balramji Das Tandon passed away
- Chhattisgarh Governor Balramji Das Tandon passed away at the age of 90.
- He was admitted to a hospital in Raipur after he suffered cardiac attack.
Raman Singh announced that Chhattisgarh is the first to provide Right to Skills’ Development to the youth.
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh announced that Chhattisgarh is the first among the 28 other states in the country to provide Right to Skills’ Development to the youth.
- The Chief Minister along with Union Minister of State for Skill Development Anant Kumar Hegde flagged off fifteen Skill Chariots to launch the government’s project of ‘Skills on Wheels’ in the state.
The Uttarakhand high court will be act like legal guardian of cows.
- The Uttarakhand high court said it would act as the legal guardian of cows in the state.
- The court did this by invoking the ‘parens patriae’ doctrine and is a doctrine that grants the court inherent power and authority to act as guardian for those who are unable to take care for themselves.
Rajnath Singh has rolled out the Smart City projects in Delhi
- The Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has rolled out the Smart City projects that will help New Delhi emerge as a world-class city.
- The projects are undertaken by the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri has released The Ease of Living Index 2018
- The Ease of Living Index 2018 has released by Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri with few most prominent cities failing to make a cut in the top 10. Of total 111 cities ranked under the index, Pune has been ranked first while Navi Mumbai has surfaced as the second preferred spot in terms of ‘livability’.
- The Ease of Living Index is a government initiative to assess cities’ ‘livability’ with regards to global and national benchmarks and encourage them towards urban planning and management.
You May Also Like