13th August 2018 Current Affairs
Share this news :Share this news :
Piyush Goyal has released a report on Station Cleanliness .
- Minister of Railways, Coal, Finance & Corporate Affairs, Piyush Goyal has released a report on Station Cleanliness conducted by Quality Council of India (QCI).
- This is the third such audit cum survey which has been conducted by Railways to increase the level of cleanliness by identifying unclean spots/gaps and to improve cleanliness standards and also to propel healthy competition among railway stations.
Ravi Shankar Prasad released the document ‘Digital North East Vision 2022’ in Guwahati, Assam.
CBPMC has won contracts to print currencies of many countries.
- The state-owned China Banknote Printing and Minting Corporation (CBPMC) has won contracts to print currencies of countries like India, Thailand, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, CBMPC President Liu Guisheng has said.
- The world’s largest money printer by scale, CBMPC, was short of work for most of last year is currently working at full capacity, reports claimed.
RBI continued to remain a net seller of the U.S. dollar in June 2018.
James Anderson became the first bowler to take 100 Test wickets at the Lord’s Cricket Ground.
ISRO is planning to launch a TV channel to promote scientific temper .
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is planning to launch a TV channel to promote scientific temper among people and conduct training camps for school students.
- ISRO will select students and organise training camps for 25 to 30 days and the students will be allowed to visit laboratory and make their small satellite.