04th August 2018 Current Affairs
Share this news :
Justice Geeta Mittal appointed as the Chief Justice of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court.
- Justice Geeta Mittal appointed as the Chief Justice of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court, becoming the first woman judge in the history to head it.
- Justice Mittal was till now the Acting Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court.
Indira Banarjee will be third woman judge of Supreme court.
- The Supreme Court is going to get its third woman judge.
- The law ministry cleared the appointment of Justice Indira Banerjee, 60, the Chief Justice of the Madras High Court as a Supreme Court judge.
Japan has piped China as the world’s second-largest stock market.
- Japan has piped China as the world’s second-largest stock market.
- The Chinese market was worth $6.09 trillion next to Japan’s $6.17 trillion.
RBI has allowed non-fund-based umbrella organisations at State levels
- India’s co-operative banking sector is set to undergo a transformation with the concept of Umbrella Organization (UO) of Urban Co-operative Banks (UCBs) to look into the issues plaguing the sector.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has allowed non-fund-based umbrella organisations at State levels.
Delhi has toppled Gujarat in the terms of investment potential
- Delhi has toppled Gujarat from the top spot in a list of 21 states and union territories with the most investment potential, according to a report by economic think-tank NCAER.
- Delhi is followed by Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Haryana, Maharashtra, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka and West Bengal.
Rohit Kumar Paudel became the world most youngest international player.
- Nepal’s Rohit Kumar Paudel, at 15 years and 335 days, became the fourth youngest One-day International (ODI) cricket debutant.
- Pakistan’s Hasan Raza remains the youngest to play an ODI. Raza made his debut against Zimbabwe in 1996 aged just 14 years and 233 days.
Fayyaz Sheheryar elected as a new president of AIDB
- The Asia-Pacific Institute of Broadcasting Development (AIBD) on August 3, 2018 elected Fayyaz Sheheryar, Director-General of All India Radio, as its new President.
- This is the first time India has been elected for the position of president of AIBD.
A bill has passed by Loksabha to established a National Sports University in Manipur
- The Lok Sabha on 3rd August, 2018 passed a Bill establishing a National Sports University in Manipur as part of a vision to enhance country’s standing in sports.
- The National Sports University Bill, 2018, which sought to replace an Ordinance promulgated on May 31, was passed by a voice vote.
The first single-chromosome yeast has created by chinese Scientist
- Chinese scientists claimed to have created the first single-chromosome yeast while not affecting the majority of its functions.
- Brewer’s yeast, one-third of whose genome is said to share ancestry with humans, has 16 chromosomes.
Sunita Williams has been named by NASA for its first human spaceflight programme.
- Sunita Williams is among the 9 astronauts named by NASA for its first human spaceflight programme.
- The 8 active NASA astronauts and one former astronaut will launch on Boeing CST-100. Starliner and SpaceX Dragon capsules to the International Space Station beginning in 2019.
Uttarakhand High Court banned the commercial use of elephants in Corbett Tiger Reserve
- The Uttarakhand High Court banned the commercial use of elephants in Corbett Tiger Reserve besides restricting the number of vehicles entering its ranges in a day to 100.
- The order came after the court was apprised that elephants were chained and ill-treated causing immense cruelty.
Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched ‘horn not ok’ awareness campaign
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched ‘horn not ok’ awareness campaign and ‘shor nahin’ (no noise) mobile application.
- The ‘shor nahin’ mobile application can be used by the general public to report cases of noise pollution.
Vikram Sood write its new book 'The Unending game'
- “The Unending Game: A Former R&AW Chief’s Insights into Espionage” has been written by Vikram Sood.
- Vikram Sood is the former head of India’s foreign intelligence agency, the Research and Analysis Wing from 2000 to 2003.
IDEMIA has become the first company to be given the certification to manufacture and personalise RuPay chip
- French company IDEMIA has become the first company to be given the certification to manufacture and personalise RuPay chip contact and contactless cards on the qSPARC v2 platform.
- The qSPARC is a dual interface open loop payment specification, with the option of loading multiple payment applications on a single card.
Share this news :
• The Telangana State Information Technology, Electronics and Communication department (ITE&C) signed an MoU with Tech Mahindra
- The Telangana State Information Technology, Electronics and Communication department (ITE&C) signed an MoU with Tech Mahindra to launch India’s first Blockchain district.
- Tech Mahindra will provide the platform and technology assistance to all the incubators in blockchain disrict.
- 03rd August 2018 Current Affairs
- 04th अगस्त 2018 करंट अफेयर्स
You May Also Like