14th August 2018 Current Affairs
Share this news :Share this news :
The Delhi Police inducted an all-woman Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team
NWGRB has inaugurated at Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology’s (CCMB) Laboratory of Conservation of Endangered Species
- National Wildlife Genetic Resource Bank (NWGRB) has inaugurated at Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology’s (CCMB) Laboratory of Conservation of Endangered Species (LaCONES) facility in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- It is India’s first genetic resource bank where the genetic material will be stored for posterity which will further the cause of conservation of endangered and protected animals.
Viraj Madappa became the youngest Indian to win on the Asian Tour
Ashish Kumar Bhutani has been appointed CEO of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana .
Egon Zehnder International appointed as a ‘Knowledge Partner’ to the Banks Board Bureau.
The lander on the Chandrayaan-2 mission will be named as" vikram"
Raman Singh announced that Chhattisgarh is the first to provide Right to Skills’ Development to the youth.
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh announced that Chhattisgarh is the first among the 28 other states in the country to provide Right to Skills’ Development to the youth.
- The Chief Minister along with Union Minister of State for Skill Development Anant Kumar Hegde flagged off fifteen Skill Chariots to launch the government’s project of ‘Skills on Wheels’ in the state.
The Uttarakhand high court will be act like legal guardian of cows.
Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri has released The Ease of Living Index 2018
- The Ease of Living Index 2018 has released by Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri with few most prominent cities failing to make a cut in the top 10. Of total 111 cities ranked under the index, Pune has been ranked first while Navi Mumbai has surfaced as the second preferred spot in terms of ‘livability’.
- The Ease of Living Index is a government initiative to assess cities’ ‘livability’ with regards to global and national benchmarks and encourage them towards urban planning and management.