10th August 2018 Current Affairs
Share this news :Share this news :
President Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the ‘One District One Product’ Summit in Lucknow
PayPal, a digital payments platform has announced its strategic partnership with HDFC
- PayPal, a digital payments platform has announced its strategic partnership with and HDFC Bank to offer safer, faster and convenient payment experiences for the bank’s cardholders.
- To initiate incremental digital spend, the HDFC cards will be presented as a payment option during enrollment and subsequent payments, with the ability for consumers to easily open PayPal accounts and set it as their preferred payment method.
The Lok Sabha passed four bills amending laws relating to the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- The Lok Sabha passed four bills amending laws relating to the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- The Central GST (Amendment) Bill, 2018, Integrated GST (Amendment) Bill, 2018, The Union Territory GST (Amendment) Bill, 2018 and the GST (Compensation to States) Amendment Bill, 2018 got the Lok Sabha’s nod.
According to RBI survey UAE has emerged as the top source of inward remittances.
Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra will be the flag bearer for the Indian contingent at the opening ceremony of the Asian Games 2018.
The World Biofuel Day is observed every year on August 10 .
Jal bachao ,Video Banao, Puraskar Pao’ winners will be awarded by ministry department.
- The Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation announced the winners for the first fortnight of the ‘Jal Bachao, Video Banao, Puraskar Pao’ contest that was launched on 10th July 2018.
- The winners will be given prize amount of Rs 25,000/, Rs 15,000/- and Rs 10,000/- respectively.
NITI Aayog hosted an Investors’ Conference at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra
- NITI Aayog hosted an Investors’ Conference at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra for the Holistic Development of Islands along with the respective UT Administration. The Conference was inaugurated by Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog.
- It attracted investment for the sustainable development of eco-tourism projects in Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep islands.