09th August 2018 Current Affairs
Share this news :Share this news :
The government introduced DNA Technology (Use and Application) Regulation Bill .
- The government introduced DNA Technology (Use and Application) Regulation Bill 2018 in the Lok Sabha.
- The Bill seeks to provide regulation for the use and application of DNA Technology for establishing the identity of certain categories of persons including the victims, offenders, suspects, under trials, missing persons and others.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch 650 branches of India Post Payments Bank .
The Ministry of HRD has embarked on SWAYAM.
- The Ministry of HRD has embarked on a major and new initiative Project called ‘Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds’ (SWAYAM), which will provide one integrated platform and portal for online courses. This covers all higher education subjects and skill sector courses.
- The objective is to ensure that every student in the country has access to the best quality higher education at the affordable cost.
Colombia’s conservative Ivan Duque Marquez took oath as the country’s 60th president .
The value of transactions made through mobile wallets touched a record ₹14,632 crore in June .
Antonio Guterres announced the appointment of Michelle Bachelet as the Chief of United Nations Human Rights .
Harivansh Narayan Singh has been elected as the Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman .
S. gopalkumar appointed as Director and Genetal manager of United India Insurance Company .
Oscars ceremony has added a new category to honour popular films.
The Khangchendzonga Biosphere Reserve has become the 11th Biosphere Reserve .
State Bank of India (SBI) launched one more digital initiative called MOPAD .
The International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples is observed across the world on August 9 .
- The International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples is observed across the world on August 9 with an aim to strengthen international cooperation for solving problems faced by indigenous peoples in areas such as human rights, the environment, education, health and social development.
- The theme of 2018 International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples was ‘Indigenous peoples’ migration and movement’.